Zulu Watch Strap

Lightbringer

Newly Enlightened
So I've been wearing a S&W tritium H3 watch with the nylon strap (similar to this one (http://www.lapolicegear.com/smwewany.html). Anyway, if you look at the bigger picture, you see that its kind of two piece and a single peice nylon strap. the two peices attach directly to the watch and have velcro. the inner strap is about an inch wide and is glued to the other peices, creating a liner so when you strap the watch on, you dont feel the metal of the watch on your hand.

Well after wearing it awhile, the absorbs sweat and basically sticks to my wrist. i've been debating on whether to buy a zulu band and replace it. i'm not sure how i would remove the existing strap, short of just cutting it off. I dont kno whether to get the two peice zulu strap or the single peice and weave it through. how difficult is it two use the two strap version? Also, the black ring version, will the color of the rings eventually wear away? will the strap eventually start to smell? would it be a good idea to buy two sets so i can just pull one set off to put through the washing machine and alternate? what about the difference between the two buckle and four buckle version? do you feel any difference between the two (i kno the four buckle version is more secure, i dont do any diving).

sorry for the list of questions, i'd appreciate any help:)

TimB

Newly Enlightened
I use the one piece Zulu bands with my daily wear watch (a Seiko SKX007J), and highly recommend them.

I like the one piece bands because they allow me to place the buckle exactly where I want it along the circumference of my wrist. I have found the finish on the black hardware models to be very durable. While I'm sure I could damage it if I tried, the black finish has survived daily bumps and grinds without any sign of wear. These bands are inexpensive enough that getting two so you can have one to rotate when it's time wash the one you're wearing makes great sense.

-Tim

Bogie

Enlightened
I have both the 1 peice & 2 piect Zulu bands on a S&W H3 watch I will never use any other now :grin2: Check with West Coast Time they carry them in British Grey that match verry well

Latest posts