SLS2 goes skiing

Status
Not open for further replies.

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello all,

Just got back from a family reunion/ski trip (Tahoe - Northstar). I am happy to say that on New Year's eve we got 17 degree temperatures
grin.gif
and that the SLS2 performed admirably under these conditions
icon14.gif
. I carried the SLS2 in my ski jacket's outside breast pocket and its temperature was well below freezing. Actually its temperature was probably around 17F because it fell and took a while to find
mad.gif
. The extra inch (over the SLS) was of benefit to gloved hands. The clickie was particularly handy (for me anyway) as well; the family was not familiar with tactical switches so it was less user friendly for them.

We were on the slopes awaiting the fireworks which were delayed by a full hour so we got to run the SLS2 for a while. My little nephew was very fond of the light and I was afraid that despite all his other presents he would ask for this one
icon15.gif

Regrettably I neglected to try the AAA which would likely not have worked with an alkaline in the pipe anyway
frown.gif
. On a positive note the family liked their AAAs very much
smile.gif

Cheers.

MY

Enlightened
My entire group of 15 people from went night skiing and we all raced to get on the chair for last run. Fortunately, we all got on the chair. Unfortunately, the power went out and we were stuck for one hour on the chair. When the lights went out, I pulled out my SLS2 and was able to comfort the three kids with me on my chair and signal that we were OK. I was the only person on the lift to carry an emergency light. Luckily, the temps were not that low and the wind was calm and we made it through the ordeal with only cold hands and feet. I think that a lot of people that night learned that when you go out at night in potentially dangerous conditions, an emergency light can make a difference.

I learned that a light is only usefull if you can carry it with you to be used in these types of situations.

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep there is nothing more gratifying than having a flashlight when the lights go out or when you have occasion to walk in dark areas or cross busy streets.

We decided to walk down from the slopes after the fireworks show rather than use the lifts. The problem was that the path was only marked with widely interspersed flares which did little to light the way. Several people decided to use the cafeteria trays to 'slide' down rather than walk and this posed a hazard to the other pedestrians. My flashlight (I used a surefire for this) helped me avoid these ignoramuses.

Cheers.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by MY:
I learned that a light is only usefull if you can carry it with you to be used in these types of situations.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
smile.gif

Peter

Mongo

Newly Enlightened
Peter,
What is the color or the LED on the "new" Arc AAA?The Old standard was slightly blue,and the "old"LE was "white"-so what is the new version going to be?

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
They will vary from blue to white. We are going to try to get B1S but most will B2S or B2R. Check out my post on the 2003 product lineup.

Peter Gransee

Status
Not open for further replies.