ArcAAA as a nightlite - long life is good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deanster

Enlightened
While the ArcAAA hardly needs more accolades, I thought I'd share my experience from this last weekend.

As background, I usually carry an Inova Microlight on my keychain - used to have the ArcAAA, but I found the shape and length weren't quite right for keyring carry.

My 4 y/o daughter and I were staying over at a friend's house outside Santa Cruz this weekend, and we settled in for the night, but as I turned off the light, it became absolutely pitch black. I knew that if my daughter woke up in absolute dark in a strange place, it wouldn't be pretty.

No nightlights available, it's dead dark outside, and there aren't any secondary (bathroom or hallway) lights to use, as we often do other places. My LSH-P is clearly overkill, and won't last all night anyways.

I could use the Microlight, but it may or may not last the night, and then I have to find the right coin battery, pay too much for it, and replace it. Easier to just buy another. It might have worked, but at the price of essentially expending the Microlight, and no guarantee of how long it would last or at what brightness (probably mighty low by the end of the night).

Now I remember that I have my wife's minivan keys, which now are home to the ArcAAA - it'll light up the room nicely, do so all night, and still be fine in the morning - 7 hours later. Which is exactly what happened.

Thanks Peter!

notos&w

Enlightened
they are great aren't they?
my AAA worked fantastic on my last camping trip - enough light (surprisingly) to easily navigate the woods. thought id need my G2 and expensive batteries or at least the Opalec which was being passed around b/w 10 campers (thank goodness for regulation, cheap batts and durable LEDs) but didn't. the AAA was all i needed, even snipe hunting.

planning on taking the AA as well tomorrow. cant wait for tailstanding capability, which has already come in very handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.