NEW Rayzorbeam/lite 50W HID ~2.5 Hrs runtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Potent

Newly Enlightened
NATA is the NATIONAL TEST AUTHORITY institution in Australia , it has internationaly approved laboratories throghout the nation and are all internationally recognised by the Standard Code.
Aproval from such institution means a clearance stamp in regards to the tests done , in that case it could involve submersion tests , vibration tasts, shock tests,Temprature,EMC, RFI, and so on.
Normaly in the case of hand held battery operated units they evaluate only required level by standard VS lamp type from what i know.
As to the Rayzorbeam i personally think that there are a few positive surprises on the way from the Rayzors.

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
Finally some neat new cool stuff comes along from more than one direction. Can't wait to see them both up close and MY hands....

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Stelth said:
Hi everybody at this forum,
And to you Rhino.
I have been following this thread at the last week and i must say that i found the Rayzorbeam to be a very interesting product.
Could you please indicate , or point me to a location in Australia where i can see the Rayzorbeam in action ...

[/ QUOTE ]
Considering that you must be an expert in high powered light solutions, I would be interested in hearing your opinion of the Rayzorbeam once you've seen one in action.

BTW, welcome to candlepowerforums.

[ QUOTE ]
Potent said:
Normaly in the case of hand held battery operated units they evaluate only required level by standard VS lamp type from what i know.
As to the Rayzorbeam i personally think that there are a few positive surprises on the way from the Rayzors.

[/ QUOTE ]
I believe that you too, sir, may be an expert in high powered light solutions and at minimum an expert in EE. So, I'm also looking forward your opinion of the Rayzors once you've seen them in action. It sounds that, by trade, you may have a more intimate knowledge of the engineering required to produce the Rayzors than most.

Welcome to candlepowerforums.

[ QUOTE ]
Rhino90 said:
An upcoming diving version will be made available which will be pressurized internally by inert gases and will be a VERY deep diver.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow.

Rhino -

Your thread has attacted the interest of industry leaders and lighting enthusiast heavy-hitters. This is a fine example of the symbiotic relationship many members like to participate in and see taking place.

[ QUOTE ]
NikolaTesla said:
Finally some neat new cool stuff comes along from more than one direction. Can't wait to see them both up close and MY hands....

[/ QUOTE ]
Now, that's a CPFer. Gettin' both. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

Rayzorbeam

Newly Enlightened
I am new to to the Forums although I have been an outside observer from time to time for a number of years.
Since it is a long weekend and I have a few spare moments, I thought that it is about time to intercept the communications here and identify myself as the Original Rayzor maker.
To begin with I would like to thank all the individuals that have been taking time observing this thread, and following up by direct communication with Rhino. Additionally, to all the other hitters, including the critics, if there where any!
We at Rayzorbeam value all your comments and are looking forward anxiously to service the market needs in the illumination industry.
From a personal point of view I can tell you that this project has taken time to accomplish and needless to say also a respectable sum of $$.
In concept the concentration and focus were only aimed at creating a product which will be extremely friendly,compliant,light weight,& efficient.
A product which will claim its own market place without entering into any competition with other existing products. And work in cooperation with other market players in due course.
As we are extremely busy at the moment finalizing the required details in order to kick start with the Razor range, we will do our utmost to keep you updated as fast as we can.
I have noted all of your comments and hopefully within a short period of time we will be able to satisfy all of your requests.

Thank you Reuven

Crot

Newly Enlightened
Now I'm confused. Who is the designated spokesperson for the products?

I'm looking forward to more comprehensive physical, electrical and optical data. It looks really promising so far. I hope you are very successful.

Rhino90

Newly Enlightened
I welcome our founder, president and chief designer of Rayzorbeam to the CPF forums. Reuven will provide input from time to time if things are not clear or he feels he needs to add something, after all he is the designer of the Rayzorbeam. I will still be the spokeperson and contact for the Rayzorbeam.

Regards

Dynacolt

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bumpit.gif
Welcome Reuven, and best wishes in your new venture and change of direction. I'm looking forward to more details on your line of lights, and to the website coming online. The RB certainly seems to be a competitor in the HID market and any evaluations and testing results would be most appreciated. (I just hope you didn't make your water-tightness tester hold the RL in that tank for the full hour /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif )

Dave.

Rayzorbeam

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Dave , the product is new and the venture is not , i do not know what you reffer to as a change in direction!
But if from memory you link me to the repair workshops at Chaltenham,Bentleigh& Seaford then I am the right guy (re:miniboard Camera's). those workshops helped me finance the development of a larger Range of High power illumination devices-So the correction is that the past was a short change in direction but in the same line .
Feel free to send me an email .
As to the Hand in the water , the photo was taken as mark just placed the Rayzorlite in the water Tank, in fact you can notice that he is just holding it with his fingers, additionally we wanted to add the dimention of Hand size to Rayzorlite.
Regards and thank you.

Glo_in_dark

Newly Enlightened
Rayzorbeam - Any new info on the testing? Lots of enlightened minds would like to know.
Thanks.

Rayzorbeam

Newly Enlightened
Glo in dark! how are you and how dark it is??
A. We are currently queued up among other Companies for the tests and henc /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gife the delay, however i can tell you that from preliminary tests Razorbeam has undergone a Drop test from 3 meters to a concrete block while operating- RESULT:: continued to operate with minor damage to the outer case of which we are now correcting we have made the required changes to the Mold.
B. Rayzorlite will also come with a 1/4" inch Tripod mount for additional attachments in the future.
C. Rayzorbeam/Lite will be available in two extra colors .
RED-- FIRE
YELLOW-- SEARCH & RESCUE
D. A selection of several filters too.

Regards /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
This does seem to be a very nice light. I cannot wait to see it in the hands of one of our resident test evaluators such as Mr. Ted Bear. He is our go-to man for the side-by-side comparisons of the best HID lights that the consumer market has to offer. And even quite a few for the Prosumer and professional market lights as well.

From what i have seen so far i imagine your light will stack up well against the rest of the field, And I would be willing to bet that we will be suprised by its output relative to its size. Those in-tank shots alone make it look like it is putting quite a large ammount of light. I wouldnt be dropping a Maxabeam into a tank of water /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif so that alone speaks well of your product.

Unfortunately i cannot afford that high class of a light. With Maxabeam retail kits even being available on eBay for $700 US that is still out of my range. I do, however, know that if and when you do offer this light you will have quite a few buyers lined up for them as long as we get one into the hands of Jeff for testing against the Maxa, Surefire Beast, Ken5, x990 and a few others.

Shane

Rhino90

Newly Enlightened
Hi Hallis,

Mr. Ted Bear has already requested a unit for tests but we have not finalized the final version of the lights yet. We want him to have exactly what the buyer will get, not a development unit that will differ from the shipping ones. As Rayzorbeam stated, after the 3 meter drop test onto concrete resulted in minor damage to the outer case, we needed to make small changes to the case even though the light still operated. These are the small things that take time, but I'm sure buyers will want us to do these test instead of rushing a product to market.

You are also correct that these lights are very special in their output to size and weight areas. They are very light for what they produce. Again, a lot of info will be on the website.

Regards

Rhino90

Newly Enlightened
We are close to having the website done and the lights finished. The July results of the test and tender will be completed soon also. I have some size comparisons with the Thor but the Rayzors weigh much less.

P1010212.jpg

P1010217.jpg

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice indeed. I think I like the Razorlite a little better. Wonder what the pricepoint will be. Are those beamshots above at the 28W setting or at the "boost" of 50W? How long does the boost last when you hit the button?

Is the runtime of 2.5 hours based on the boost setting or on the simply click it on and run it "regular" setting?

Curtis

Rhino90

Newly Enlightened
Hi Cue,

The shots are at regular settings and the runtime is based on regular as well. On boost, runtimes will be reduced by approximately half, and when you press boost it will last for 3 mins then return to normal power levels. You can press boost again if you require. This is to make sure it's not accidently left on boost and drains power too quickly.

Regards

CLHC

Flashaholic
Greetings Rhino90 & Everyone!

These Rayzors peaked my interest and therefore I have to ask this question with regards to the "spec" sheet that you've posted. I noticed that the RB's Lamp Max Lumens is 3500 while the RL's Lamp Max Lumens is 5000. Could you please explain this?

Thanks!

Rhino90

Newly Enlightened
Hi CHC,

The RL has a higher lumen rating to compensate for the smaller diameter reflector. In use both lights are almost identical in performance. The wattage of the RL on normal is also higher so power requirements differ.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.