Protected 16340s for M6 MB20

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I found M6 MAGNUMLIGHT sold in local flee market a few days ago. The seller says they did only some check if it worked, and it has been kept almost unused. The condition is pretty well as long as I see the photo. The price is about USD 250 including original xenon bulbs. I wonder if I should buy it or bye it. I think it might be a good replacement parts for my M6 in case, but mine is M6 GUARDIAN. I'm not sure MAGNUMLIGHT and GUARDIAN are completely LEGO compatible. I could take the risk if it were USD 150...
Why cannibalize a perfectly good M6 that has all of its parts, and all of them work? In your case, buy the one you saw at the flea market.... Then sell off your first one for spare parts.

ChipDale

Newly Enlightened
Why cannibalize a perfectly good M6 that has all of its parts, and all of them work? In your case, buy the one you saw at the flea market.... Then sell off your first one for spare parts.
It would be a good idea if my M6 GUARDIAN has many scratches and I want to renew it. In that case, I could buy MAGNUMLIGHT in the flea market for USD 250 and sell my GUARDIAN for USD 150, for example. This would mean I could renew M6 by USD 100. But this is not the case. My GUARDIAN is in very good condition, almost perfect. So, I don't want to pay extra to exchange mine for another one. I want just to keep a backup for mine in case.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most M6s are usually $200-300 USD depending on who's buying. I haven't had any luck selling mine so far. Recent eBay sales were less so I'll keep dropping the price.

Last edited:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I cry everyday that my AW Protected 14670 cells are no longer available. Was using 4 of them to power my 1185 using Andrew Wynn's Hot Rater adjustable regulator