Waiting for two old Surefire

Kestrel

Flashaholic
IMG_8510.JPG
And for anybody who worries about ano mismatch, one viable solution is just to buy a bunch of 'em & swap around the parts until everything matches.

Bogie

Enlightened
I have decided to keep the A2 original.
Nothing not reversible. Out of mine one has a Lumens Factory led main bulb. And one has an Onion Ring with Amber LED's easily swapped back. I have a Tad's bi-pin adapter but haven't experimented much so far

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
They were keeppower. I don't remember the exact model, but they were the 3 V RCR's. I gifted them to someone else, so I don't have them anymore. I use LFP cells instead

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone gotten these to fit? They don't fit in mine. Too wide

They were keeppower. I don't remember the exact model, but they were the 3 V RCR's. I gifted them to someone else, so I don't have them anymore. I use LFP cells instead

Eh... I'm starting to get a dislike to Keepower, mostly because they make things out of spec to pad the numbers. But most manufactures do nowadays. The last manufacture that actually made things to true spec was AW, (Andrew Wynn) and he's not around anymore. Not surprised if they are too fat or too long. The A2 body is pretty tight, especially the flat body versions, but I found these that fit my round body. I'm not sure where I got them. I think they are out of spec as well, but they fit in the light a little tightly. My IMR's from AW slid in and out easily.

Attachments

• RCR.jpg
    RCR.jpg
    444.8 KB · Views: 34

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, those are unprotected 16 340s they should. The ones that did not fit in My A2 were the 3 V ones. I think the pcb is a little bigger in diameter. I didn't go with 3.7 V cells just because I did not want to over discharge them. The A2 regulator shuts off at 4v or 2V per cell is too low for my comfort. That's a pretty deep discharge. LFP cells are fine with a 2 V cut off. I do lose a little bit of capacity but it's not too bad. I still get a solid 40 minutes of runtime on the MA – 02.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
My bad. After charging them, they don't fit the A2 either. But they fit fine in my E2e's.. I'm gonna look at some unprotected IMR cells in the future for A2 rechargeable options. I did have some old RCR123A's that fit my A2 back in the day, so this threw me off. Nobody makes anything to spec anymore, it's really frustrating.

Chadder

Enlightened
Do you have the drop-in for one or two cells? Are there any other led options for the E2E.
I have the 2 cell drop in. It is one of the older 300 lumen ones. It may not be as bright as other lights, but it does run for approximately 3 hours on a fresh set of cr123 batteries.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still have three working AW IMR16350's, so I'm gonna transfer the two I have in my Brinkmann Maxfire and put the RCR's in that instead. I have a Lumens Factory SR-9 in the Brinkmann. I'm gonna use the IMR's for the A2. I'll have to look at an unprotected replacement option for the A2 in the future.

I remember even the black AW protected RCR's fit in the A2 though, because I used it that way for years working security. I might have had to peel the sticker off, I don't remember that part. I still have two working pairs of AW protected P17500's... a testament to how good most of his cells were. And they are the only ones that work in my M3's. The Keeppower and Ultrafires are too long.

Last edited:

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I never had 16650's that would fit. Was using AW 14670's back in the day
I'm surprised it would even light up with one 3.7V battery. The bulb/buck circuit is 4.2V.

Now I'm curious. I do have a 16650, but I'll bet it's too fat to fit in the tube.