Emilion's Hunt Light 3W FT-01, Many Pictures!

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
jar3ds said:
wheres the driver housed? is it in that epoxy under the LED? Thanks!

Might be expoxy. I can touch part of it with my finger nail, it's dried up.

The board, ( driver ) located inside the aluminum housing.

It's potted.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Argh, I really like this light, but Emilion's not contacting me and Huntlight's not returning my email or PMs.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
jsr said:
Argh, I really like this light, but Emilion's not contacting me and Huntlight's not returning my email or PMs.

I think this is a great deal for $38.00.

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ernie,

Great review & pics. Keep up the great work!

John

huntlight

Newly Enlightened
dsc02540small4uw.jpg

dsc02543small0rq.jpg

dsc02551small4fp.jpg

Thank you very much!
It is nice pic!
I am sorry! your FT01 is old version,now we have new version.

1、The clip is improved.please look the new pic.
jiazi.JPG

2、The luminance is improved ,Improve 30% than old version.

The FT01 input voltage is 3V~~9V 。It is real.

Last edited:

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks to the OP and Huntlight, I didn't even know this sucker had a clip. And a not too shabby lookin' one at that.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
huntlight said:
A great price for a great light!!!!
Tint is nice and white.
Built like a tank!
Nice machining!
Wish it had HAIII.
dsc02540small4uw.jpg

dsc02543small0rq.jpg

dsc02551small4fp.jpg

Thank you very much!
It is nice pic!
I am sorry! your FT01 is old version,now we have new version.

1、The clip is improved.please look the new pic.
jiazi.JPG

2、The luminance is improved ,Improve 30% than old version.

The FT01 input voltage is 3V~~9V 。It is real.

I don't mind I have the older version, the FT-01 is still a very nice light and I am very happy for what I paid for the light.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really want this light, but so far neither Emilion nor Huntlight has responded to my email or PM, so I'm starting to give up.

Huntlight/Danny/Andy - can you respond to my email or PM? Thanks.

huntlight

Newly Enlightened
jsr said:
I really want this light, but so far neither Emilion nor Huntlight has responded to my email or PM, so I'm starting to give up.

Huntlight/Danny/Andy - can you respond to my email or PM? Thanks.

Hi,jsr, I have PM to you !yet!
Thanks!

Maro

Newly Enlightened
HI ernsanada,

I got mine from Emili.
I do not understand the way of two mode.
A tail switch is an ordinary reverse switch. And it is not set to low mode even if it twists a tail cap.
Please let me know whether it is set to low mode.

How were the reflector and the LED unit separated? heat and unscrew?

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just ordered mine from Huntlight...looking forward to checking it out.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maro said:
HI ernsanada,

I got mine from Emili.
I do not understand the way of two mode.
A tail switch is an ordinary reverse switch. And it is not set to low mode even if it twists a tail cap.
Please let me know whether it is set to low mode.

How were the reflector and the LED unit separated? heat and unscrew?

No 2 way switch. Only on, high and off. Reverse clickie.

I just unscrewed the reflector and the led unit. No heat needed.

Maro

Newly Enlightened
ernsanada said:
No 2 way switch. Only on, high and off. Reverse clickie.

I just unscrewed the reflector and the led unit. No heat needed.

Thank you for the reply. :thanks:
I thought whether two brightness, HI and LOW, could be changed. :( :lolsign:
They said "Runtime(s). : It was called 2.5 hours HI and 1.5 hours LO with DLG 186503 hours HI with 2 X CR123A."
It means that in DLG 18650 for 2.5 hours bright in HI mode and then it shines in LOW mode 1.5 hours.

I did separate the reflector and LED module.:)

Thanks!

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Emilion told me the light's switch is modable like a Q3 to have 2 modes. Anyone care to take out the switch and board to take a look? Maybe it's just a resistor that needs to be added and the switch changed out for a 2-stage. I think Digikey has a switch that's On1-On2-Off now.

huntlight

Newly Enlightened
I thought whether two brightness, HI and LOW, could be changed. :( :lolsign:
They said "Runtime(s). : It was called 2.5 hours HI and 1.5 hours LO with DLG 186503 hours HI with 2 X CR123A."
It means that in DLG 18650 for 2.5 hours bright in HI mode and then it shines in LOW mode 1.5 hours.

I did separate the reflector and LED module.:)

Thanks your support extremely!
We do not have 23 to adjust the light, "It was called 2.5 hours HI and 1.5 hours LO with DLG 186503 hours HI with 2 X CR123A". meaning are in the voltage high situation, can shine for 2.5 hours, when the voltage drops, the flashlight also can lower the bright work, this period of time length is 1.5 hours

Thanks

huntlight

Newly Enlightened
jsr said:
Emilion told me the light's switch is modable like a Q3 to have 2 modes. Anyone care to take out the switch and board to take a look? Maybe it's just a resistor that needs to be added and the switch changed out for a 2-stage. I think Digikey has a switch that's On1-On2-Off now.

2 switches are the matters which extremely easy to process, but we thought the significance is not very big, if because adds the resistance to enable to have the accent light function, the period of revolution cannot be longer than the present, therefore, we have not made 2 switches.

Thanks

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got my FT01 last night! I must say, it's a very nice light!

To start off, I want to mention how nice the presentation box is. I thought the box that my Nextorch Z1 came in was nice, but this box is really nice! The edges of the box got a bit bent from the delivery service, but not too bad. Like the Nextorch boxes, there's foam cutouts to hold the light and accessories. My light came with 2 lanyards and one of them is interesting as it has a small pig on it...funny looking...I like it. The box's lid is a flip-up lid (not a removable one like the Nextorch) and is locked down via 2 magnets embedded in the flaps...a nice touch I think. This box would impress anyone if it were given as a gift.

Ok, to the light. I got the one with the improved clip and brighter output.

Exterior/Finish/Aesthetics - Everything's machined very nicely and the TypeII finish is very even. I took the light apart and really appreciated that it does not have any darn glue anywhere!...nice! The tailcap and head threads very smoothly even w/o any lube. The bezel is a bit rougher, but not too bad. The clip is useful...not overly tight that it's hard to clip on my pants and I really like the bezel down carry. The finish is matte black. On it's own, it looks quite black, but next to the Nextorch, the Nextorch has a blacker and a bit shinier finish. It's also not quite as matte as my Scorpion or FB1 finish. Overall, very nice machining and finishing.
Aesthetics-wise, it is one of the most attractive 2cell lights I've seen. It's Surefire-esque, but still different. IMO, it looks better than other 2cells I would consider such as the Nextorch Z3 and F3, MicroFire, Nuwai BigQ3, and even my Streamlights (which I find very attractive).
Note on the clip - it works well, but the screws used are an awkward design. I've never seen them before so I have no idea how I'd ever R&R the clip.

Ergonomics - The body increases in diameter as it goes toward the tail and the clip is attached to this point. My hand fits perfectly between the head and this increased diameter point...and my thumb reaches just right to the switch. Switch is easy to push, but not soft. It makes a very audible click. I do wish it was a standard clickie for momentary capability, but for the price and performance, I'm more than happy with the way it is. The battery tube is quite large...there's plenty of width space still with primaries and even Li-Ion R123As. It's comfortable to hold in my hand.

Output/Beam/Tint - Tint is mostly white with a very very slight hint of pink at the edge of the hotspot. Hotspot is fairly tight...tighter than my Nextorch Z1 but not as tight as my Scorpion LED. The reflector is textured so the hotspot transitions quite smoothly to the spill, reminds me of my Q3, but with more contrast between hotspot and spill. There's a dim ring beyond the spill area, but it doesn't affect anything.
Output...here's one thing to note...I'd highly recommend running it off either 2x 123As or 2x R123As instead of a single 17670 or 18650. I don't have either of those Li-Ion cells, but do have 14500s and 17500s. I also have solid aluminum spacers, so I don't think they introduce much resistance (really, a spring contact would be more resistive than a solid piece of aluminum). Off a single Li-Ion, it's not as bright as my Nextorch Z1 which I estimate to be about 40lms. I'd guesstimate the FT01 is about 30-35lms off a single Li-Ion. Throw in 2 primaries or 2x R123As and BAM!...it's BRIGHT! Brighter than my modded Q3 which I estimate is 50-55lms, so I'd say the FT01 off 6V-7.4V is at 60lms easy! Very bright!
I notice that my SL Scorpion also reduces in output running off a single R123A vs. 2x 123As (it's dimmer with my VG FB1 on 1x R123A vs. on the stock Scorpion body on 2x 123As). It's just a characteristic of the driver.
Throw is great! I really like it. It outthrows my Scorpion LED easily and with a larger hotspot to boot.
I had planned on getting a 18650 or 17670 cell to use in this light, but now, I'm just going to pick up a couple of 16340s instead. It will probably run for longer also off the 16340s since the buck will reduce the duty cycle due to the higher voltage, so even better.

Summary - Dang I like this light! It's so attractively designed, easily opened, with great machining and finish, and has amazing output with a very smooth beam. I hadn't planned on picking up another 2cell light, but I'm glad I got this one.

No pics since ernsanada posted much nicer ones than I'll ever be able to take and Huntlight posted pics of the revised clip.

Maro

Newly Enlightened
I bought FT-01 from Emilion.
With no Box, no lanyards.
I got the light only. And has some tiny specks in head and body.