• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired New CR2 / CR123 Bodies for Fenix L2P

fasteddie

Enlightened
David, I don't see the CR2 bodies in your store today. Are you out and will there be more? Just read this thread for the first time and would hate to miss out. Thanks.

chanamasala

Enlightened
I got Dae's Ultrafire 880mah RCR123s in mine but was wondering if there are any protected ones that fit to anyone's knowledge. Also, has anyone really had a light that uses one unprotected RCR123 to explode yet? Or even heard of one doing that? I don't mind leakage or even if the battery is made unuseable, but I don't want it taking my fingers off. I've had lights turn on accidentally in my pocket before. Also when I see that batteries can discharge at 1C and 1.5C does that mean 1000mah and 1500mah?

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
fasteddie said:
David, I don't see the CR2 bodies in your store today. Are you out and will there be more? Just read this thread for the first time and would hate to miss out. Thanks.

I'm sorry... I am all out and probably won't be ordering more.
Just by looking at the ordering pattern, there isn't much demand
for the cr2 and cr123 bodies. So those of you who got in on these,
enjoy them!

however, I do have some bare AL cr2 bodies. email me if interested

chanamasala said:
I got Dae's Ultrafire 880mah RCR123s in mine but was wondering if there are any protected ones that fit to anyone's knowledge.

Not that I have found :(

Rowrbazzle

Newly Enlightened
4sevens said:
enjoy them!
:(

:awman:

Well, if you DO decide to order a run of cr123 bodies for the L1T/L2T, you've got at least one customer.

I had been about to order an L1T and one of the old 123 bodies and have you mod the L1T. Figured I needed to wait just a couple...more...days to let my very puzzled wife recover from the HDS EDC that arrived a couple of weeks ago. Hah! That'll teach me!

So..., with that option gone, what do I buy next....

ICUDoc

Enlightened
4sevens

I think the L2 with CR123A body is a superb size and shape- I would buy a couple more if you are thinking of getting them in...

PhotonAddict

Enlightened
Count me in as well if there is ever another run of cr123 bodies. I'd be interested in at least one more since I gave mine away to a relative - I figured I'd just buy another one. :ohgeez:
At any rate, thanks for making these available for us.

btw: I have (well had) both the cr2 and cr123 bodies and while I like both, I prefer the cr123 - more capacity while still being quite small.

Rowrbazzle said:
:awman:

Well, if you DO decide to order a run of cr123 bodies for the L1T/L2T, you've got at least one customer.

I had been about to order an L1T and one of the old 123 bodies and have you mod the L1T. Figured I needed to wait just a couple...more...days to let my very puzzled wife recover from the HDS EDC that arrived a couple of weeks ago. Hah! That'll teach me!

So..., with that option gone, what do I buy next....

Last edited:

Desert_AIP

Newly Enlightened
4sevens said:
enjoy them!

Aww dang! I guess the early bird gets the worm.

You sold all of these
http://img85.imageshack.us/my.php?image=71be.jpg
my.php

in ~4 months.

Hint...hint :whistle:

Last edited:

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could someone please give me *accurate* measurements of various RCRs?
Protected/unprotected, different manufacturers/dealers etc?
TIA

chanamasala

Enlightened
nekomane said:
Could someone please give me *accurate* measurements of various RCRs?
Protected/unprotected, different manufacturers/dealers etc?
TIA

These are for AWs protected RCRs. On the length measurement, that does not include the top nib which I would say makes it about 34.3mm

bat2.jpg

bat.jpg

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
My JSBurly's protected RCR123's were the only ones that would fit the CR123 bodies. Their diameter is 16.66mm at the very largest on one of the cells (the thicker of the two) while the thinner was 16.35mm. I'm not sure if I tried both cells or not, but the one I used fit fine.

I have some 800mAh purple unprotected cells I got from Dae that measure 16.59mm diameter and I don't think they would fit the CR123 body.

I also have some generic blue 700mAh cells that were extracted from a battery pack. They measure 16.70mm diameter.

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
chanamasala, thank you very much for taking the time to post pics and measurements.

The ID of the tube is 16.70mm. The thinnest part of the o-ring groove is 17.25mm.
That will make the walls on either side only 0.275mm.

It could be possible to make the ID larger *slightly*, but I am afraid this could compromise
structural strength.
Considering that the L2T uses a twist solution for hi/lo, I do not want to take any risks.

chevrofreak, so there are protected RCRs that fit! That might solve the RCR problem easily,
thanks for the info!

Oh, and there are only plans for the CR123 body this time. Sorry if any of you were wating
for a CR2 body..

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nekomane said"Oh, and there are only plans for the CR123 body this time. Sorry if any of you were wating
for a CR2 body.."
On that note is there anyone that has a cr2 body for sale I will pay a resonable price for one.TIA
Chris

Ken 222

Newly Enlightened
nekomane,

This is great news to me. I've been thinking about selling my L2T 'cause I don't use it. The reason is because I carry my L2P with the cr123 adaptor tube every day. Just under 3" X 3/4" dia. is about perfect pocket size. I'll be watching for a new thread when you make the tube for a L2T available. Thanks!

Ken

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
nekomane said:
chevrofreak, so there are protected RCRs that fit! That might solve the RCR problem easily,
thanks for the info!

Unfortunately they aren't made anymore, or if they are they aren't being sold by JonSidneyB.

The chinese factory that was making them totally screwed him over by selling them to other people who were selling them cheaper than Jon could legaly get them into the country for. He got majorly screwed on that and owes a tremendous amount of money because of it.

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
...Oh :ohgeez:
Never use rechargables so I did not know the details of what happened.