Where to buy : Gerber Infinity Ultra | Nichia CS

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where can I buy the Gerber Infinity Ultra for a reasonable price with shipping to Belgium? I want to get one to modify it to a Nichia CS LED, anyone knows where I can buy one of those (I prefer slightly warm color with as little blue tint as possible)?

Thanks!

Cheers,
Erasmus.

leduk

Enlightened
Erasmus

Ebay has some for sale with reasonable shipping to the UK. There are a number of UK suppliers selling them who may ship to you but the prices are expensive.

With the exchange rate being what it is at the moment for smaller purchases it often is better to purchase direct from the US. In the UK if you have a small item worth less than about GBP 18 it will not attract VAT and import duty. Some purchases I've made above this limit have also made it in without extra charges.

I can buy one in the UK for £18 (excluding postage).
But from lighthound it would cost $18 + $4 POSTAGE = $22
exchange usd $22 = gbp £12
This would be 6 pounds less than buying from the UK!!!!

With regard to the LED. I've put a SMJLED uncut 5mm LED in mine and it is a vast improvement. The output is brighter and more floody. I know many people mod with the nichia but the difference from the stock LED is not that dramatic.

It all depends on what you want.

I bought the SMJLED and some nichias from sandwiche shoppe. I was happy with the service to the UK.

Cheers

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast
For Lighthound, add another $4. Shipping is $4, PLUS a $4 International surcharge.

Texas Tactical is $16.14 for the light and will ship international - don't know the shipping cost.

Battery Station is $15 and will ship to UK via Global, but don't know the costs.

Check those out. If you don't have any luck, I'll be happy to purchase one for you and ship it to you. It looks like it'll cost me $21-22 to get one shipped to me.

I've got an extra Nicha CS U/CO (the tint you want), but I don't have an uncut SMJLED.

I've got a Berkeley Point GB going on thru Saturday. If you need anything from there, you could combine all the shipping into one package.

Let me know if I can help.

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
The difference from stock IS dramatic. The CS LED is AT LEAST twice as bright! (from the three mods I did.)

Anyhow, leduk, great minds think alike :grin2:. I also wanted terribly to put an uncut SMJLED in the IU to see how it compares to the CS mod however, the LEDs I'll be receiving whenever in the future will be the cut version so they wouldn't be going in the IU. I should PM you.....

Erasmus I apologise for the off topic.

Last edited:

thelightdude

Newly Enlightened
The very newest model Gerber Infinity Ultra already comes with a CS type led.
Be sure the package says BBT -brightness boosting technology - lithium quality brightness from an alkaline battery on the left side of the package. I bought one about a month ago from an REI sale. I have two government models and one of the first release of the "Gerber" branded Infinity. They seem to be half as bright as this new one.

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
thelightdude said:
The very newest model Gerber Infinity Ultra already comes with a CS type led.
Be sure the package says BBT -brightness boosting technology - lithium quality brightness from an alkaline battery on the left side of the package. I bought one about a month ago from an REI sale. I have two government models and one of the first release of the "Gerber" branded Infinity. They seem to be half as bright as this new one.
Thanks to all for the replies! However, is this quote from thelightdude is true, I am interested to buy a IU with stock CS LED. Now let's start my quest to check whether this is true, and where they are available :)

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
thelightdude does it say CS LED anywhere on the package? From the words "brightness boosting technology - lithium quality brightness from an alkaline battery" I get the impression that they've changed the circuitry and not the LED.

Thanks alot.