GREY U2

kromeke

Enlightened
If you go to the Surefire webpage, the U2 listed there says it is:

Rugged aerospace-grade aluminum body, Mil-Spec Type III hard anodized in olive drab.

Which is incorrect, but it does say so right there on the SF website.

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
DownUnderLite said:
Back on the suject of the SFU2, I know this may sound strange, but, Can someone post a picture of what a donut looks like?

...must... not .... post ....

cant resist....

donut.jpg

sorry....

Size15's

Flashaholic
kromeke said:
If you go to the Surefire webpage, the U2 listed there says it is:

Rugged aerospace-grade aluminum body, Mil-Spec Type III hard anodized in olive drab.

Which is incorrect, but it does say so right there on the SF website.

I don't believe it! This is the first time that SureFire.com has ever had a tpyo... :ohgeez:

greenLED

Flashaholic
greenLED said:
:thinking: I remember seeing some photos of what appeared to be a proto HA-NAT U2...
Well, it only took me a month of looking, but here it is, the U2-HA-NAT I was talking about (third and fourth, from right to left on that pic).

(Interesting, there seems to be other protos with selector dials...)

Heck, since I'm digging for pics, check this out.
Al, :poke: any info/guesses? Looks like an "old" A2 bod with God knows what inside that "turbo" head.

/highjack

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice pics greenLED. What I want to know is where can I buy those magnets that aluminum sticks to. Those would really be a hot seller.

I suppose the magnets are attracted to the batteries inside the light. I wonder if that is safe for the batteries to be exposed to a strong magnetic force.

Size15's

Flashaholic
greenLED said:
Heck, since I'm digging for pics, check this out.
Al, :poke: any info/guesses? Looks like an "old" A2 bod with God knows what inside that "turbo" head.

/highjack
[/size]

It's the long shelved A2 TurboHead. It had 3mm LEDs instead of 5mm LEDs and the same MA02 Lamp Assembly. The beam as far as I can recall was not significantly more intense than the standard A2. I'm not surprised it was shelved.

Al