New flashlight of LiteFlux -- LF2

Ralls

Newly Enlightened
I've read a lot about this light and I don't recall finding the answer to this question:

Does it use PWM on the lower settings? I'm assuming that it does.

NetKidz

Enlightened
Yes, it use PWM. The frequency is 7.8KHz as the designer said.

I couldn't feel any flickering even in the lowest setting (0.2%). Also tried fast moving the head back and forth, the output looks very stable. :laughing:

jackcselab

Newly Enlightened
Ralls said:
I've read a lot about this light and I don't recall finding the answer to this question:

Does it use PWM on the lower settings? I'm assuming that it does.

Yes, it use PWM. but frequency is about thousands hz. The author promise that it will hardly feel any flicker even in the lowest brightness. That is an improvement over others competitor.

Last edited:

Ralls

Newly Enlightened
Thank you NetKidz and jackcselab! This is very good news indeed--I am strongly considering this light, as I want to have a very low low for preservation of night vision.

jackcselab

Newly Enlightened
evh said:
Hi guys, a flashaholic noob (sometimes boob) here with a question. Are there any batteries in the AAA form factor that can supply up to 5.0V?

The regulation circuit of LF2 will also be used in following product LF3~LF5. So its design consider not only 1xNimh/Alkaline. 2xNimh/Alkaline, 1xCR2/CR123A, 1 Li-ion are also work. Even 2xCR123A maybe work.(the loading voltage of 2xCR123a is about 5.0V)

ruralott

Newly Enlightened
Very nice pics, thank you. Now, if we can have lumen reading, running time, comparation, and the pricing info .... :laughing: just kidding ...

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
@Netkidz, thanks for the pics and info, excellent!

@Ralls, thanks for the info, unfortunately, I'm in Sweden, but guess that saves me 30USD(I'm assuming you only get the discount if you buy for the exact amount?) since there are nothing out there for 30USD that I want at the moment.

@zxzx
Nice vid! Love the diffuser, and UI doesnt seem to be that bad, not good, but could be worse. Hope they improve it if they make a clickie AA, like Fenix improved the P1D UI with L1D.

gunga

Flashaholic
Okay, now I need one!

I'm really liking these Liteflux lights.

Utube video is great! UI seems a bit hokey, but the functionality with 1 AAA and included diffuser is just wicked.

Just hope the runtimes are good.

Guess maybe no Fenix LOD CE after all...

Last edited:

Anarchocap

Enlightened
This looks nice and I think I like the UI from the video I saw. I'd like to see size comparisons to the Arc-AAA and the Fenix L0D-CE.

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The "press-release" is quite impressive, I like it!
Any estimates of how bright this light is yet? Or have I missed that completely? And runtimes?

Calina

Enlightened
What press release ? What voltage report ??

Is it possible to turn on the LF2 light in low mode or does it start high and then goes to low?