Beamshots: AmiLite T5 vs. P1D CE & vs. LumaHunter M1

Lumenation

Newly Enlightened
So which one is putting out the most lumens? Also, is the 30 lumen on low suppose to run for 10 hours or is it the other light with 15 lumens on low that is suppose to run for 10 hours? I am really thinking about getting the T5

Last edited:

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lumenation said:
So which one is putting out the most lumens? Also, is the 30 lumen on low suppose to run for 10 hours or is it the other light with 15 lumens on low that is suppose to run for 10 hours? I am really thinking about getting the T5
Get 'em both as I just did! Is this the CPF we all know or what?

Gannz

Newly Enlightened
akromat said:
Feels very light in the hand.

Do you think it would work well with the optional cap holster or do you think it would be too heavy (remember the Hubble light?)?

0483_01.jpg

rolling

Enlightened
I am looking for a light to illuminate house numbers at night, sometimes at a great distance. Which would be better suited for that, the M1-Cree or the T5?

RdlyLite

Enlightened
By all accounts I will have to say the M1.

rolling said:
I am looking for a light to illuminate house numbers at night, sometimes at a great distance. Which would be better suited for that, the M1-Cree or the T5?

supes

Enlightened
For the LOW 30 lumen from the T5, would you say this is close in brightness to a Fenix L1P perhaps? I'm trying to get an idea of the 2 LOWs, the 15 and 30 lumens. Thanks

akromat

Newly Enlightened
Gannz: personally I would not buy a holster for this little light, the holster is probably heavier than the light itself. Maybe it's good for a police officer but it's so easy to slip down into a pocket.

dlittle3

Newly Enlightened
Placed T-5 order confirmed Feb 28th 4:00am Arrived noon Mar 5 to
Vancouver Canada. The box it's in is the same as T-3
Wow the T-5 is very bright good contrast from first click
low 15-L second click Holy Moly (still love the T-3).

Last edited:

Lumenation

Newly Enlightened
I would love to see a runtime on this light at all levels. I am seriously considering getting this. Is it as bright as the P1D CE and M1? Does it come with a lanyard? Do you like this more than the P1D CE and M1?

akromat

Newly Enlightened
Lumenation: According to my eyes it looks brighter than P1D CE and M1 (smooth reflector), you can see it in the pictures...

larryk: Yes, it comes with two spare o-rings, unfortunately it does not come with a spare clickie like the D-Mini...

whc

Enlightened
Just received mine T5, and am very impressed with it, nice colour and HAIII finish, amazing output, fits AW's protected RCR123A without a problem, though found it quite strange that the battery only goes in from the top (unscrew the head only, not tailcap?), the clicky is nice and smooth.

Here is some more beamshots, alla beamshots are about 1m from the wall, all flashlight is using protected 3.7v Li-Ion batteries from AW:

Left: T5, Right: L1D-CE
DSC01629.JPG

Left: T5, Right: L1D-CE, 2-Stops Underexposed
DSC01630.JPG

Left: T5, Right: LP-Mini OP Reflector
DSC01632.JPG

Left: T5, Right: LP-Mini OP Reflector, 2-Stops Underexposed
DSC01631.JPG

Left: T5, Right: M1 XR-E OP Reflector
DSC01633.JPG

Left: T5, Right: M1 XR-E OP Reflector, 2-Stops Underexposed
DSC01634.JPG