Who has a CR2 light? Particularly the NiteCore CR2

GTSECC

Newly Enlightened
I think this is maybe the perfect size.
Small enough to keychain, yet a very powerful battery.
I suppose an ideal light for me would be a LiteFlux CR2!

Centropolis

Enlightened
I think this is maybe the perfect size.
Small enough to keychain, yet a very powerful battery.
I suppose an ideal light for me would be a LiteFlux CR2!

I don't have a CR2 light but I am planning to get the Nitecore EZCR2. Although if this thread is only about the EZCR2, it may get merged into the main thread. It is small enough for the keychain but some people carry bigger lights on their keychain depending on your preference. I have an E01 on my keychain.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks really nice, but I think I might need something with a mode between 10 and 130 lumens, like maybe 30 or 40 lumens.

passive101

Enlightened
As it would only ever be a backup light for me I think it's perfect. KISS.

does anyone have pictures of this next to some of the smallest 123A lights?

Last edited:

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got an Aeon, small size and kick *** output. If the NiteCore is simular, get one!

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
i would like a CR2 for keychain carry also, i think the E01 is too big for my keys...i only have keys on my key chain LOL so i donno...i just throw the E01 in my pocket. soo im just waiting for reviews of the nitecore CR2..hope it doesnt have any bugs...

half-watt

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I carry a CR2 light, I carry TWO - the Muyshondt Aeon *AND* now also the NiteCore EZCR2. Why?

Aeon has a, what..., a 4lm low with a 40h burntime, IIRC, and the EZCR2 has a 10lm low with a 15h burntime.

Sometimes 4lm is just 'bout right and 10lm is too much. However, at other times 10lm is necessary and I'd prefer NOT to have to run the Aeon on HIGH.

Similarly, the 114lm of the Aeon (vs. 130lm for the EZCR2) is more than enough, IMO, for what I would be using a CR2 powered light for and it's longer ~90min burntime v. 50min for the EZ is obviously preferred.

My particular Aeon is much easier to twist than my particular EZCR2 even after I beveled the foam ring to remove unnecessary material provide less resistance, yet still leave a bit in place to keep the cell from rattling when the light is off.

Both lights have the HIGH o.p. level separated from the LOW o.p. level by too many degrees of rotation, IMO.

If I could have only one of them, *AND* price were NOT an issue, it would be the Aeon. However, if price were a major driving factor, then, obviously, the EZCR2 would be preferred due to its much lower cost vs. the Aeon.

'nuff said. my two shekels.

GTSECC

Newly Enlightened
Is anyone using rechargebles with these?
Looks like 3V is ok for the Nitecore, and RCR2 li-ions max at that, correct?

RocketTomato

Enlightened
I have an Aeon and it is an amazing little light. One of my favorites.

It's small, light-weight and works great as a backup though it could hold it's own as a primary in a pinch.

FYI, Enrique recently lowered the price on them to $125.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is anyone using rechargebles with these?
Looks like 3V is ok for the Nitecore, and RCR2 li-ions max at that, correct?

I have two CR2 lights (Surefire Titan and LiteFlux LF4) and a third in the mail (Nitecore CR2). I use UltraFire 15270 non-protected 3.0V Li-ion cells with good results except that the runtime is rather limited.
The LF4 has a built-in protection that can be enabled so there's no problem while for the Titan I must be careful to charge the battery quite often. My wife carries an Orb Wee that also has a non protected Li-ion cell so we have developed a routine by which we put freshly charged cells in our lights every Sunday morning regardless of how long we have used them.

ruriimasu

Enlightened
I have two CR2 lights (Surefire Titan and LiteFlux LF4) and a third in the mail (Nitecore CR2). I use UltraFire 15270 non-protected 3.0V Li-ion cells with good results except that the runtime is rather limited.
The LF4 has a built-in protection that can be enabled so there's no problem while for the Titan I must be careful to charge the battery quite often. My wife carries an Orb Wee that also has a non protected Li-ion cell so we have developed a routine by which we put freshly charged cells in our lights every Sunday morning regardless of how long we have used them.

Hi kilovolt,

i noticed this post was made a few weeks ago and wondered if you had the opportunity to observe the runtime given using the ultrafire 15270 on the ezcr2? i am thinking of getting that for my ezcr2 which is on the way :)

jdkno

Newly Enlightened
Where could a trit be put on a NiteCore EZ CR2?

I was wondering the same. I wonder if anyone makes a trite that would fit in the tripod hole in the back. I saw the link where the trite tube was laied down in the hole but I am wondering if you could find one big enough to fit standing up in the tripod hole???

lightplay22

Enlightened
I've got the Aeon (125.00) and like it a lot and have a EZcr2 (36.00) on the way from 47's.
The Aeon really disappears in the pocket and is plenty bright on high. If the nitecore is even close to the Aeon in functioning, I would think it to be a super bargain, especially at the 30% discount which I believe ends 10/15/09.

dwong

Newly Enlightened
what is the code for 30%off? thanks....
for $36 would like to try it

I've got the Aeon (125.00) and like it a lot and have a EZcr2 (36.00) on the way from 47's.
The Aeon really disappears in the pocket and is plenty bright on high. If the nitecore is even close to the Aeon in functioning, I would think it to be a super bargain, especially at the 30% discount which I believe ends 10/15/09.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
GTSECC: Bart's 1.5 x 5 mm tritium vials fit perfectly inside the threaded hole in the back, a drop of glue and the job is done. :cool:

35cpwt5.jpg

ruriimasu: I've never had problems because as I said I change regularly the few non-protected cells I use and this happens well before their voltage goes too low. Besides these UltraFire 15270 are rather cheap so that even if occasionally you should damage one for overdischarge and have to throw it away it would not be a real problem.

ruriimasu

Enlightened
what is the code for 30%off? thanks....
for $36 would like to try it

hi dwong,
the code for ezcr2 Q5 version is NITECORE30 and the neutral-white version is NITECORE25, 30% and 25% off respectively. i went for the neutral-whit :D

ruriimasu: I've never had problems because as I said I change regularly the few non-protected cells I use and this happens well before their voltage goes too low. Besides these UltraFire 15270 are rather cheap so that even if occasionally you should damage one for overdischarge and have to throw it away it would not be a real problem.

Hi kilovolt,
what i meant was is the runtime decent on those DX cells and are the runtimes comparable to normal non rechargeable cr2? because the specs claimed the high mode is about 50mins and low mode is about 15hrs and i would not want to be caught in a situation using the trustfire cells expecting about say 30mins but having the battery power drained out after 15-20mins or maybe low of only 2-3hrs. but if you dont have any of these info, i will just find out for myself :D:grin2: