Assembly

IMG_3052-vi.jpg

IMG_3068-vi.jpg

Add in a Tri Flupic

IMG_3079-vi.jpg

IMG_3083-vi.jpg

And last but not least 3 modded MCR 20's with insulating tape

IMG_3084-vi.jpg

There you have it. A Cree XR-E Powered Tri-Lux :)

Purple Specs

-3x UWOK Lumileds LEDS
-Tri-Sink
-Flupic Driver with Custom holder
-Tailswitch
-Premium Five Mega battery holder
-3x IMS 20mm reflectors
-UCL Lens

Pewter Specs

-3x Cree XR-E P3 WG LEDS
-Tri-Sink
-Flupic Driver with Custom holder
-Tailswitch
-Premium Five Mega battery holder
-3x MCR20 reflectors
-UCL Lens

As for performance wise the Cree powered light is brighter in High level drawing just under 350ma each led than the Lumileds UWOK's at 900ma each :)

Bad news is until we have dedicated Cree parts these builds are time consuming and a real pain. After the MCR's where modified they sat to low in the Tri-Sink so a spacer needed to be made.

The beam with the MCR20's is pretty good though not perfect. It's plenty acceptable :)

Mac

Last edited:

tdurand

Enlightened
:takeit:

As always, awesome work!
T

Edit: I spoke too soon, now I see the sales thread!

Last edited:

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice, I love your custom shortened mags and tail switches!!! I see the McR's sit on top of the ceramic and not on the cree's metal ring, so no worry about pressure hurting the led! That kapton tape is a good solution for insulating from the wires too as it will take any heat!

Beamshot? You are anti-beam shot huh? :)

I didn't know there were purple D mags. Looks cool!

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice Mac.:rock: And I am sure the TriCree is an amazingly bright little sucker.:naughty: The FluPic Trilux you sold me a while back is nice and bright with the Luxeons. But I am jealous since my Cree Trio is not finished yet.:ohgeez: You started mine for me which basically means you left me the hard part of sticking in the batteries.:sweat: :stupid: A spacer or two would be real nice to recieve. If possible and you happen to be going to the Post Office for some reason anyway.:shrug: I thinking I owe you a Paypal too!:grin2:

havand

Enlightened
kenster said:
Very nice Mac.:rock: And I am sure the TriCree is an amazingly bright little sucker.:naughty: The FluPic Trilux you sold me a while back is nice and bright with the Luxeons. But I am jealous since my Cree Trio is not finished yet.:ohgeez: You started mine for me which basically means you left me the hard part of sticking in the batteries.:sweat: :stupid: A spacer or two would be real nice to recieve. If possible and you happen to be going to the Post Office for some reason anyway.:shrug: I thinking I owe you a Paypal too!:grin2:

How are you driving all those leds from a single flupic? Or am i missing the concept? I thought flupic boards were only good to sub 6V

FlashInThePan

Enlightened
Mac, incredible work as always.

Normally, I figure it's my own flashaholism that's going to get me into trouble. But if my wife sees that cute little purple guy, I think she might just start down the path of eternal illumination...("awwww, honey! Can I have one for my purse?")

I'm thinking that a pewter mini-mini HID and a purple Tri-CREE might just be about all this little flashaholic needs to put him in the holiday cheer. Be kind on my paypal account, mac! I'm supposed to buy holiday presents for other people too, you know. =)

- FITP

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
havand said:
How are you driving all those leds from a single flupic? Or am i missing the concept? I thought flupic boards were only good to sub 6V

It`s a different FluPic made for a TriLux light. Look at Mac`s pics at all the holes in it. Posistve and negative for each emitter. They are wired parallel and so are the the Lion batteries. :)

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
The purple one is up for sale and the pewter cree has already sold.

Custom B/S/T forum guys.

Mac

Illum

Flashaholic
i have no clue about crees, but if the emitter is square....how does the beam compare to that of a standard luxeon?

BTW

:goodjob:OUTSTANDING JOB:goodjob:

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Illum, luxeon1,3, and 5 have square dies too. Not sure what you're seeing, but it's die is about the same size of a luxeon1/3. There is phosphor sprayed all over, but only the die emits light so it's not like a low dome luxeon where the whole glob glows...

Illum

Flashaholic
looks more like a hexagon emitter under a bead of clear compound....

oh, i see..

nvm, sounds like I might need to get some sleep, i could've swore i saw the cree module as square....:ohgeez: