Gloating, or "I'm sorry...you need to borrow what?" LOL

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm well known for my "Flashaholism" at work and actually the first responders and site security have come to me for opinions on what to buy before but beyond that I get a fair amount of good natured teasing especially from one of the department heads (He's a friend, he just busts my chops all the time).

So this morning we get in a oh-god-thirty and while I'm getting set up for the day this same department head comes meandering in, gives a loud theatrical sigh and says "I know I'm never going to hear the end of this but...can I borrow a flashlight, I need to check one of my tires".

My response... "HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA OH YOU NEED A FLASHLIGHT HAHAHAHA SURE HAHAHAHA I GUESS I CAN LOAN YOU ONE SO YOU CAN SEE HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

I'm gonna get MONTHS of revenge out of this one.:devil:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Perhaps next time you could say something like "you know, I thought about it and you're right, carrying a flashlight is stupid and yesterday was my last day of carrying one"....

BV3TkEq.jpg

Next time..... offer to rent him one of your lights.

~ Chance

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
My response: I can't let you touch any of my super special turbocharged flashlights, because you have not had the requisite training, but I have a 79 cent Walmart light that you can have, until you decide to buy and carry what you like. If you need help deciding what to choose, I can help you with that, and some basic training, too.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
A perfect opportunity to show up tomorrow with a gift wrapped tiny(AAA) edc light given with the caveat "you have to promise to carry it every day for 90 days". At the end of the 90 days, tell me if you still think it is stupid to carry a light. On the 88th day, give him a new AAA battery and then "BTW" look at my new light...show him a ToolVN. His jealousy over the floodlight power of the Toolvn compared to his little edc will send him over the edge into flashaholism and next Christmas, when you realize he owns 50 lights and is trying to justify buying #51 for a self Christmas gift your revenge will be complete...

Boris74

Newly Enlightened
I always like the comment "that won't be enough" when I take the S1R or S Mini from my pocket. It's always followed by an oh wow.

Mostly followed by "can I use that?", nope but I invite them to purchase their own and will even send them a link. Usually followed up by "how does this one compare to yours?" It's always fun.

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perhaps next time you could say something like "you know, I thought about it and you're right, carrying a flashlight is stupid and yesterday was my last day of carrying one"....

I have thought about using this line on any of a number of occasions, regarding either a light or a pocket knife, both of which people don't seem to realize the utility of...

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I have thought about using this line on any of a number of occasions, regarding either a light or a pocket knife, both of which people don't seem to realize the utility of...

But you know you probably won't.
Why? Because flashaholic
Any excuse to use a flashlight....

The celphone comment. Man I gotta remember that one.

This thread gets my "thread of the year" vote....:popcorn:

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where I am working now has the first group of guys that don't give me a hard time for being into flashlights. Actually within the first two weeks I worked there several of them started asking me about better lights and when I go back to work tomorrow I will see if two of them received the Olight H2R for Christmas I recommended to them.

But, I have had plenty of people come back to me with their tails tucked between their legs asking for a light. Needless to say they have gotten a lot of smart remarks when they ask. I believe a few times I have pretended to not have a light and that always confuses them lol.

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast

"Yesterday was my last day of carrying one"... I carry 3 now because after you borrowed one, I am left with none & I cannot stand it!!