McClicky hard press in a Z41 host

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Who sells that configuration? I thought Oveready did and cannot find it on their site. Just some custom Z41-like host.

I have a medium press McClicky and it's OK but I think I would prefer the 'hard' one.

Charlie Hustle

Newly Enlightened
The McGizmo switch hard press boot in combination with the Surefire Z2 is the ultimate hand feel, and control of any overhand eye-level tactical (speed) light I have tried. I guess there are times when the most minute of details can matter within a specific application. The limitless variables that exist (even if some don't recognize, or refuse to acknowledge) is what still keeps me interested in flashlight technology today.

Last edited:

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oveready is the only place that I've seen ever use the terms "soft/med/hard press" so I don't think you'll find them anywhere else. Have you tried emailing them to ask if you can buy a few of the switch boots by themselves? Then just swap over to your current tailcaps.

They also have both the regular Z41 clone and the diamondback tailcaps which can be ordered with any type of switch boot, although it looks like only natural HA is available right now.

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't want a Z41 clone. I want the OEM Z41 modded.
Ok. Your original post was a bit confusing on that then.
Who sells that configuration? I thought Oveready did and cannot find it on their site. Just some custom Z41-like host.

I have a medium press McClicky and it's OK but I think I would prefer the 'hard' one.

In any case, you can still try emailing OR and ask if they'll sell some switch boots that you can swap over to your Z41s.