HDS Systems #23

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can you please point me to your tritium source?
I have used Mixglo in the past (I corrected the bad link you quoted)
but I agree Tritiumworkshop.com is a good (maybe better) option. Pricing and shipping are different. The trit bezel needs 1.5 x 6mm size trits.

FWIW, installing trits involves using an adhesive. Some people are satisfied with just dropping the trit onto the adhesive, as in this video:

but a professional installation involves fully covering the trit so the adhesive is flush w the surface of the bezel. This means using a process to resurface the adhesive that overflows the slot, to bring it flush w the bezel surface and repolishing the adhesive to a clear window finish.

Last edited:

tex.proud

Enlightened
Enjoying tonight's thunderstorm...

20240501_232208.jpg

20240501_232228.jpg

20240501_232217.jpg

Carry on!

IMG_2783.jpeg

Turns out my wife has great taste in flashlights. Likely better than her taste in men. 😂

I bought the pink Cerakote Clicky with Nichia 219b 3000K a few weeks ago and sent it off to HDS for a repair of the tail switch. When I got it back, I left it on my nightstand after testing it out.

My wife notices it because of its color. Now I've handed her many lights to use around the house and backyard, but none have ever impressed her: too heavy, too bright, too dim, too hot, too difficult to operate.

As for this Clicky, she immediate turns it on and notes how the beam is nice and even, she notes how well the light grips and balances in hand, and likes how it doesn't get hot on high. The only concern was the raised button might be too easy to turn on. So (no-brainer) I swap to a flat button.

Well, now it's hers. She keeps it on her nightstand and uses it when moving about in the dark. We have a his & hers set.