Something from Japanese Amazon

TurkishCoffee

Newly Enlightened
I was making an order on Amazon Japan and thought I might as well add on a weird flashlight. I present the Mitsubishi CL-1217, 2 D-Cell LED, ¥980 (about $6.75). It's simple, waterproof, 20 whole lumens! Batteries not included. I previously bought a Mitsubishi headlamp for $11 and it was unexpectedly better than advertised so I was hoping for a repeat of that. Unfortunately this one is not better than advertised... 20 lumens seems accurate. The build quality is good - smooth plastic, no imperfections, nice clicky switch - but it has about the worst looking beam I've ever seen. Dim, very blue, with a yellow shadow on one side. Not sure what's going on there. It's so bad that I'm considering doing an emitter swap just for fun. I've never done one before, any tips?

IMG_5059.JPG

IMG_5087.png
IMG_5089.png
IMG_5090.png
CL - 1217.JPG

^yikes.

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Japanese flashlights and accessories interest me a lot. Personally I am a fan of Gentos.

They are the official Japanese importer of Led Lenser and they have interesting concepts in their lights. Be prepared to spend upwards of $100 USD for a light shipped though. The quality is on the high end of consumer grade and we would know how to pick better lights for the same money.

That said if you are feeling like being a weeaboo it is definately the light to get! Good for using to read Lolicons late at night.

Attachments

• 584F6B4E-7A34-4747-8955-8F088B19C0F4.jpeg
    584F6B4E-7A34-4747-8955-8F088B19C0F4.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 61

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice and deep reflector - good start for modding.
No thermal "material" at all, no metal outside, no thermal path ... crap for modding

Can be used to try and learn the swap,
but can never get good and is not worth trying

Ps: I liked my Sharp cellphone.
Because noone believed me that enterprise makes phones.
Always funny to present the thing then.
But in the end it was way below par

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Wondering if the flashlights are better quality than the cars.
(Just Kidding. No hate for one of the only companies left that still produces an affordable new car model for the Working class.)

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I used to ride around in a Lexus and it was great quality and Gentos is Led Lenser tier. Imagine slightly better build quality but with crap optics and electronics that are a bit behind the time. Only the fading light feature when you turn it off is memorable. They seem to have a wide range of lights though so maybe others are better?

You can find old Panasonics new on Egay.