Binge worthy series

Poppy

Flashaholic
The Crown is a good series to binge watch, I enjoyed it very much.
My daughter binged "The Crown" and really enjoyed it. I caught a few episodes, and she filled me in on what I missed. For the most part, the Real Crown didn't like it, but I think Harry did.

I am just starting to re-watch "The Last Kingdom" Based on Bernard Cornwell's Saxon Tales. When I read it, it was a ten book series, but I think he is now up to 15. They make a 8-10 episode series on each two books, and they are now working on season 5. By time I get done binging, they may be ready to release season 5. I just downloaded audio-book 11 for listening while at the beach.

It is a series of historically based drama fiction. The Danes are conquering multiple Kingdoms in Englanland. Wessex, is the last kingdom. Alfred The Great, is the King with a dream of uniting all of Englandand into one Kingdom. He is sickly, and extremely pious. Our hero is a Saxon, raised by the Danes, and disposed by his Uncle who took over the Kingdom, that should have been his. He has loyalties to people on both sides, those who worship the "Nailed God" Christ, and the "Old Gods" Oden, Thor, etc.

This series, led me to read more of early English history, and eventually The King James Bible.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Chernobyl is a 5 part HBO mini series that can be watched in a day. It tells what really happened and each episode is focused on a particular phase of life during and after the disaster. A seemingly uncaring Russian government official ends up playing a big part in the truth being told. Well, at least some of it. To this day the official death toll as told by the Russian government is………31. :eek:

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

A few weeks ago, ran across a series that seemed like it could be interesting.
Was I wrong, ABSOLUTELY GRIPPING would be a better way to describe (I'm 2/3 way through)

Gangs of London

Katherine Alicia

Enlightened
Orphan Black and Shadow Hunters have been a pretty good watch too, as well as Colony, and not just because Josh Holloway was in it (though it certainly helped! LOL)