Does anybody know happened to Oveready? (Out of stock for several years)

victorhooi

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I previously purchased a Oveready BOSS flashlight.

It cost a pretty penny, but it was very well made, very bright (if very hot to hold), and offered white + red modes (which is mainly what I wanted).

They also previously offered an upgrade service for their flashlights, where you could pay to upgrade some components (e.g. driver).

However, I've been keeping an eye on their website for the last few years, and the seem to be out of stock of either flashlights, or of the driver upgrade service.

I did try emailing them before, but never heard back.

Does anybody know what happened to the company? Did they simply stop making lights? Or did it have something to with the supply-chain issues from Russia? (I think they were using Russian LED drivers? Were they not obtainable anymore, with the situation there?)

Would love to be able to get a second unit from them, or figure out something similar in terms of build quality, light output etc.

Thanks,
Victor

iacchus

Enlightened
Things come into stock on their website, they just don't last very long and it's kinda random and infrequent.

Give 'em an email. They'll get back to you after a few days. It's a pretty small operation over there, but they still go out of their way service wise.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Started with extremely helpful parts for modding and legoing ones lights,
"recently" switched to these lost-ones-mind extremely expensive (but good looking) crap that we, their original fanbase that helped the enterprise grow, do not enjoy at all.

When there is enough demand for these "lights", then good for the maker.
That for sure Workshop out much better than modding parts and host lights.

But - here - not a Single intent to get such a thing, in the end a light is a Tool, not a jewellery.
Also not the slightest empasize, if someone got "problems".

boc888

Newly Enlightened
If you're looking for BOSS try to check everyday since they randomly update their database for availability. Just wait for Dan's (Electronguru) reply to your email.

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
It sounds like they aren't ready. =P

Sorry, I don't have any help, they used to make some nice things. I don't think I ever bought anything from them.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
PP says they sent some money to them from me last night for a small flashlight part I ordered on their site. I'll let you know when I get a 'thank you' note from them, or the merch.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
As far as I know they still do news letters, but the data itself is on the website. It's in stock at that time, but doesn't last long

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
PP says they sent some money to them from me last night for a small flashlight part I ordered on their site. I'll let you know when I get a 'thank you' note from them, or the merch.
First, I previously sent them a message (weeks ago) with a very simple question about the part I mentioned (Y/N answer required) . I have never received any response to that message.

Since they were completely unresponsive, but people still speak of them as if they're a viable operation, I decided to roll the dice and order the part anyway (referenced above). I could not find the part elsewhere.

I submitted the order on their site in the dead of night 05/05, so officially received 05/06(?).

I received zero communication from them regarding that order; no acknowledgement of receipt of order, and no shipping notification.

The ordered merch was delivered on 05/11 via USPS in good order, with an appropriate statement.

Aside from the fact that they don't know how to communicate w/ customers, they clearly shipped the item promptly and properly. Given the total failure to communicate, I'm hesitant to consider them a 'serious operator', but given the fact that they got the job done and wasted no time in doing so, I'm going to put them on my list of 'approved vendors' anyway (with an '*' next to it); primarily because they had a discontinued part that isn't generally available elsewhere and they delivered it, and that means I might need to use them again, even if I have to hold my nose when I click 'submit order' ;-)

gravelrash

Enlightened
I too placed an order with Oveready this year when they had the reverse taper aluminum 35 bodies in stock. I received a payment notification from PP but no communications from Oveready. I did receive the package a few days later as expected.

I just looked in my email history and I've received order and shipping notifications from Oveready in the past. Based on my experience I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again. I wish they would make more "budget" BOSS lights.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oveready is a small operation. We do not know what personal difficulties are being experienced.

It may also be a situation where the profit does not justify spending time on communication. Dan may be very busy making money in another way. I believe he was formerly involved in the tech industry.

Oveready products are of the highest quality.

boc888

Newly Enlightened
First, I previously sent them a message (weeks ago) with a very simple question about the part I mentioned (Y/N answer required) . I have never received any response to that message.

Since they were completely unresponsive, but people still speak of them as if they're a viable operation, I decided to roll the dice and order the part anyway (referenced above). I could not find the part elsewhere.

I submitted the order on their site in the dead of night 05/05, so officially received 05/06(?).

I received zero communication from them regarding that order; no acknowledgement of receipt of order, and no shipping notification.

The ordered merch was delivered on 05/11 via USPS in good order, with an appropriate statement.

Aside from the fact that they don't know how to communicate w/ customers, they clearly shipped the item promptly and properly. Given the total failure to communicate, I'm hesitant to consider them a 'serious operator', but given the fact that they got the job done and wasted no time in doing so, I'm going to put them on my list of 'approved vendors' anyway (with an '*' next to it); primarily because they had a discontinued part that isn't generally available elsewhere and they delivered it, and that means I might need to use them again, even if I have to hold my nose when I click 'submit order' ;-)

Go to OR website:

My Account->Orders

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Go to OR website:

My Account->Orders
Thanks, but I have no account, although that likely wouldn't affect any of my (mostly positive) comments if I did. My order was fulfilled very quickly, is done and dusted, and they're on my 'approved vendor list'. Got no account though. I do expect minimal communication though.

boc888

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, but I have no account, although that likely wouldn't affect any of my (mostly positive) comments if I did. My order was fulfilled very quickly, is done and dusted, and they're on my 'approved vendor list'. Got no account though. I do expect minimal communication though.

Nobody knows whats going on with the management of Oveready. But as long as they shipped your order then it's good. Another way to check if your order has been processed is thru your paypal account. They filling-up the tracking number there once shipped. I've done multiple orders from OR and didnt encounter any problem with the shipping considering I'm from Asia. I agree with you that AT LEAST a "communication" must be done.

Last edited:

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
So many people were very likely wanting to talk to Dan in the past, really it is not that surprising that he made a strategic decision. Revenue was not reflecting the time it took to talk.

Great thing about USA is no one has to buy from Oveready if they so choose.