Ever lost a Flashlight?

scottk2112

Newly Enlightened
What does these Aleph flashlights look like? I understand they are from like 20 years ago.
The 2nd and 3rd lights from the left are Alephs. Also, search CPF as there is a ton of Aleph reference material.

Attachments

• IMG_0152.jpeg
    IMG_0152.jpeg
    340.5 KB · Views: 51

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Klarus XT10 - 2019: stolen one night from my car together with a really old Garmin Nüvi... and a few soda cans.

Fenix PD32 (2016 version) - 2020: lost it during a multi-day ultra race.... sleep deprivation is a *****.

Fenix HM65R SuperRaptor - 2021: I had it with me in a Swiss hospital for almost a month but when I flew back home I couldn't find it anymore among my belongings, it was gone together with my Garmin Instinct Solar. Probably lost during the trip back home.

Fenix BC05R V2.0 - 2024: lost it during a multi-day ultra race.

I had a neutral white Quark Mini AA fall out of my jacket pocket a few weeks ago, most likely at a popular restaurant where a group of friends had gathered to celebrate a professional promotion.

My feeling of loss was visceral and deep. I retraced my steps to and from the venue several times. I scoured my house and car at least three times looking for that little light, hoping I had somehow missed something and would find it lodged in a nook or crevice. I owned that light since 2005, and always found it's tint pleasing. The depth of my feeling of loss surprised me.

I sympathize will all of you who posted your stories here.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I had a neutral white Quark Mini AA fall out of my jacket pocket a few weeks ago, most likely at a popular restaurant where a group of friends had gathered to celebrate a professional promotion.

My feeling of loss was visceral and deep. I retraced my steps to and from the venue several times. I scoured my house and car at least three times looking for that little light, hoping I had somehow missed something and would find it lodged in a nook or crevice. I owned that light since 2005, and always found it's tint pleasing. The depth of my feeling of loss surprised me.

I sympathize will all of you who posted your stories here.
Put a Want To Buy (WTB) topic in the CPF Marketplace. You might get lucky. You never know.

ebuchner

Newly Enlightened
Losing a flashlight is what got me into flashaholism in the first place. All the way back in 2004 I was on a boy scout camping trip when I accidentally dropped my favorite red, externally rubberized 2AA cheapo flashlight way down the latrine. After that I started looking around at new flashlights in waaaayyy too much depth. My dad showed me an article about Surefire flashlights in a copy of Popular Mechanics or Scientific American from around 2003. Soon afterwards he bought an E2e that became his edc. Then I discovered CPF and leveraged it into getting a 4 flats white A2 and a legoed-together 12PM with SRTH at the Wanenmacher Gun Show the following two years.

Buff

Enlightened
Well i did just find a flashlight so to speak. At my sons new house formally owned by his father inlaw.
He has yet to move everything out of the 3 bay detached garage so i was snooping with my new Olight and stumbled upon….
IMG_6260.jpeg

It's filthy PD 35 Fenix that still has charge in what looks like a fairly new ruby red 3000 aHA battery i didn't note the brand. I know it's his preferred brand and put it on its tail cap i twisted so it can't come on.
I so wanted to take it home clean it up, lube the o rings and fully charge the Battery. But not my place.

3_gun

Enlightened
Been about a month since I last saw the 1st TS10 I bought. Pretty sure it's not lost "lost", just I can't find it right now "lost". Hadn't really gone anywhere so it's most likely still clipped to a button hole on a shirt, dropped in a watch pocket or something similar
I'm going to have to call this one LOST

Watts_on

Newly Enlightened
I got my first LED flashlight after misplacing my incandescent AA mini Maglite on a vacation. I did a lot of research to choose a worthy replacement, and ended up with a Fenix E25. The new light is much brighter, much more weatherproof, has much better battery life, and it fits in the cargo pocket of my heavy winter coat just like the Maglite.

Poppy

Flashaholic
I got my first LED flashlight after misplacing my incandescent AA mini Maglite on a vacation. I did a lot of research to choose a worthy replacement, and ended up with a Fenix E25. The new light is much brighter, much more weatherproof, has much better battery life, and it fits in the cargo pocket of my heavy winter coat just like the Maglite.
I'd call that a win!!!

rrego

Enlightened
About three years back I lost my Eagletac D25LC2 factory custom 2 amp with XPG2 neutral white, which I swapped the standard ET clip with a FourSevens deep carry clip.

Also lost in a timeframe of couple of months, an Eagletac 2015 D25A Ti XPG2 CW while on my exercise walks with my kids.

BOTH lights fell off the stroller and I had not noticed, BOTH times....:( :cry:

I then later carried my classic EagleTac D25C XPG neutral and D25C Ti XP-L HI neutral and made damn sure I paid close attention when I had them on those walks 😅

Poppy

Flashaholic
About three years back I lost my Eagletac D25LC2 factory custom 2 amp with XPG2 neutral white, which I swapped the standard ET clip with a FourSevens deep carry clip.

Also lost in a timeframe of couple of months, an Eagletac 2015 D25A Ti XPG2 CW while on my exercise walks with my kids.

BOTH lights fell off the stroller and I had not noticed, BOTH times....:( :cry:

I then later carried my classic EagleTac D25C XPG neutral and D25C Ti XP-L HI neutral and made damn sure I paid close attention when I had them on those walks 😅
Wow, that's a shame that you lost those two lights. I hope that whoever found them discovered how to recharge the battery when it died. It would be a bigger shame if they got tossed due to ignorance.

rrego

Enlightened
Wow, that's a shame that you lost those two lights. I hope that whoever found them discovered how to recharge the battery when it died. It would be a bigger shame if they got tossed due to ignorance.
That thought crosses my mind all the time!!! For the D25A Ti, I hope they'd at least use alkaline (shame if it would leak). For the D25LC2, hopefully they'd research the 18650.

They were really good lights.

Poppy

Flashaholic
That thought crosses my mind all the time!!! For the D25A Ti, I hope they'd at least use alkaline (shame if it would leak). For the D25LC2, hopefully they'd research the 18650.

They were really good lights.
I agree, that they are really good lights. I have both of them, but the funny thing is that I rarely use them for fear that I might damage them, or lose them.

If I lose them, what are the chances that I might find them on a bicycle/stroller path? ;)

rrego

Enlightened
I agree, that they are really good lights. I have both of them, but the funny thing is that I rarely use them for fear that I might damage them, or lose them.

If I lose them, what are the chances that I might find them on a bicycle/stroller path? ;)
Love that response 😆

Pretty slim though. Happened 3 yrs ago. I think another "Poppy" already had their NLD with both! ✌️ 😁