• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Fantastic Deal on Surefire CR123 Batteries!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Greetings

LA Policegear is selling 8 packs for $7.25! Thats right, $7.25 for an 8 pack. I just received 40. The expiration dates were 9/2027. They are 1 year into their advertised 10 year shelf life but at $0.91 each who cares?!

kelmo

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The batteries came in repackaged in zip lock bags. Maybe they are dumping older stock?

1pt21

Enlightened
Shipping though?? I'm seeing a $9.00 shipping fee which surely kills the deal, unless you're looking to order $125.00 worth of batteries to get free shipping.

Am I missing something? An 8 pack for $16.25 shipped (in a zip-lock bag) does not seem like a deal at all..

I'm not crapping on this thread (I LOVE the "Good Deals" section), perhaps I'm missing something?

What was your total shipped for 40 batts?

Thanks for the heads up either way! I'm sure some people will benefit from this. :twothumbs

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Around $43 which includes shipping and tax. That comes out to about $1.20 per cell. I just ordered 40 batteries on this order. The $9 shipping fee is for the entire order.

1pt21

Enlightened
Around $43 which includes shipping and tax. That comes out to about $1.20 per cell. I just ordered 40 batteries on this order. The $9 shipping fee is for the entire order.

$1.20 per cell is a good deal :thumbsup:

When Lowes used to carry them in a 2 pack for $5 (not sure if they still do) I picked many up thinking that was a steal at the time.

autogiro

Enlightened
Glad I saw this, I've been needing to make a bulk order but was waiting for a good price. I got mine down to 90 cents per cell.
Auto

Kestrel

Flashaholic
If anybody in NW Oregon wants some, I'd be happy to place a combined order to split the flat-rate shipping cost.
Anywhere from Eugene to Portland - I travel a lot. :)

No replies in-thread please, but feel free to send me a PM; thx.

Last edited:

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks wolfstyle, that pushed me over the edge. Got me to $1 per cell for 8 packs.

Need to rotate stock, I've got a lot that are 10+ years old. They are just fine, BTW. Someone ran a test on one he found in some old camera equipment, like 20+ years old, and it ran almost like a new cell. I did an HDS low level runtime test with one of my oldest ones a few years back and got over 500 hours.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
I think my only concern on past-expiration cells would be the chance of mismatched cells - some/most could test at nearly-new, while there should be the occasional dud.

Certainly no problem with single-cell setups (which is what I will have mine for), but lights w/ two or three CR123's in series always get newer fresh cells to minimize the possibility of issues along these lines.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Rec'd the 40 cells in my order; all had the same exp.date of 9/2027. Am happy to be restocked.

I just checked LAPG; looks like the 8pk's are still $7.25+sh for anybody who is still interested.

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ditto, looks like they are all from the same batch. I only use them alone, all of my 2x123 compatible tubes are stoked with an 18650 or 16650. I would test them first, but they probably are as well matched as any cells you can buy after they have been stored for one year. 64 cells for $64.09, using discount code NRA.

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you so much, Kelmo and Wolfstyle...

I just ordered 20 8-packs, for a total of 160 Surefire CR123 batteries, using the NRA 5% discount code. The price was $137.75, with free shipping. That comes out to 86 cents per battery. What a great deal!

Thanks again, guys, Good work, one and all!

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Want to get some of these but the math I'm seeing here doesn't make sense 🤔

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The order will have a substantial shipping charge, I think it's $8.99. Then you can get 5% off the items using code NRA. So the cost per cell (shipped) is going to vary depending on how many you buy. My price was $1 per cell buying 8 packs, or 64 batteries for $64.09. 8*$7.25*0.95(NRA discount) + $8.99 = $64.09. Carpe Diem said he got it down to 86 cents per cell by buying 20 packs, but he got his order high enough to get free shipping.

Hope that makes it easier to understand.

Looks like they will run the deal until they are gone, and they must have a bunch.

Last edited:

kimloris

Newly Enlightened
Thank you @kelmo for the info.
I ended up ordering several Surefire 8pk and they are still at $7.25 / pack
I added a few Pelican cases and Maxpedition pouches and took advantage of their NOTIME15 coupon advertised on their homepage to get 15% off on the cases (coupon excludes Surefire and other brands as well and expiring tomorrow 12/26 ; make sure you read the fine prints).

Last edited:

Cpl S

Newly Enlightened
I was able to buy 30 more 8-packs. I've never seen Surefire 123's for less than $1. Spend at least $125 to get your free shipping and 5% off code. Very nice deal. Thanks for posting

Status
Not open for further replies.