How to EDC an MD4 on your body?

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just picked this up from Legion Arms on amazon. Works great with the plain tailcap on my MD2 and MD3- obvious the tri cap won't fit. Bit of a high rider for the MD4, I suppose.

1652485757088.png

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
A MD4 with a M91B or M91T head fits perfectly in the zippered right-front pocket of Men's DuluthFlex Fire Hose Relaxed Fit Foreman Pants. Perfectly as in overall length and ease/comfort of carry.
NH, when you have time shoot a photo?
That zippered pocket is Not visible on Duluth page, at least not that I can make out.
The pocket must be on right side along outer seam..
Fire Hose material, is it a canvas duck material?

Ps. I like the old guys review that has a leaky bladder lol

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now pants made out of real fire hose material would be for super hard users.
That stuff is thick.
I guess i'll have to make my own pair. Obviously there's a need here.

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just started using one of these. They work great
Yes they do!

I've been using them for years, they are great because you can change the light you're carrying easily.

Hope you get as much use out of yours, as I do mine.

Last edited:

NH Lumens

Enlightened
NH, when you have time shoot a photo?
That zippered pocket is Not visible on Duluth page, at least not that I can make out.
The pocket must be on right side along outer seam..
Fire Hose material, is it a canvas duck material?

Ps. I like the old guys review that has a leaky bladder lol

Here's the MD4 light placed on the pants, positioned directly on top of the pocket;

E80110-F5-4-E1-E-4-AC1-8-B5-A-6515-A213-A3-AE.jpg

Here's the light inserted in the pocket - as you can see it fits quite nicely. With the pocket zippered closed the light is entirely hidden, and rides more on the outside of the leg so it does not interfere with moving or sitting;

CB53-C993-E78-E-4-FFA-8049-D16-EFEDB19-A2.jpg

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
This has got to be the very best set-up for MD4 body. It's like having a built-in holster (y)

I usually wear Key or D!ckie dungarees and use the lower leg side pocket for MD2. Unfortunately MD4 is positioned too low, size and length, doesn't work.

Thanks for taking time to post photos!

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to stick it almost horizontally in my waistband, across my belly. It was fairly comfortable even when sitting in the car.

QMT93

Enlightened
I used to stick it almost horizontally in my waistband, across my belly. It was fairly comfortable even when sitting in the car.
That actually doesn't sound bad at all, in my head at least, as I've never seen it in person. Which head were you doing this with?

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Can you use that with a Hound Dog Super head? I'm going to need a holster for a couple Hound Dog Super lights coming up soon for work.
Malkoff makes a holster for your light. I haven't tried it but looks like a winner.

Trout River

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys. I scrolled past that holster hundreds of times on theMalkoff site, and never stopped to look that it worked for Hound Dog Super. @NH Lumens, that holster looks like it clears a tricap, have you tried one with it? Thanks