Light for an usher in a theater?

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Ultimately it's primary job is to illuminate a paper ticket that's usually printed on thermal paper, and it's second job is to light the path to the seats. I suspect that a warm white would be slightly better for the tickets. This is easy enough to test using a store receipt, which is usually printed with a thermal process.

Reactions: TPA

alanmalk

Newly Enlightened
Paper tickets? Is that something like paper money? 🤣
Its all on cellphones these days.

Looking closely at the Fenix PD25R - touches many of the "wanted" items. Might add a ring of black heat shrink tubing around the head to restrict side lighting.

Right angle head lights look like a possibility also. Just haven't investigated those yet. They do look comfortable to hold and aim.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
This message brought to you in part by Feit Electric!
LOL
The F.E. wouldn't be appropriate either.
My vote still goes to the incandescent 2AA Mini-Maglite with the Terra-lux (or similar) tailcap replacement switch on the tail.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
You'd be surprised. Season tickets are usually still paper. Many community theaters still use paper. Tickets bought close-in are still paper.
You can put a paper ticket in a scrapbook and show it to your grandkids one day and say "See, I was there!" It's pretty hard to put a cellphone into a scrapbook.

TPA

Enlightened
i hate rap but its sad he now has to work in a theature
I had no problem setting up rap shows, but I never worked them. I did once do a reggae show, but never again -- the pot smoke was so thick that you could see it pouring into my office through the air vent.

Those two type of concerts seemed to attract the most damage to the building as well. For some reason people liked to punch the wall near the bathrooms during those concerts, leaving holes in the drywall. After a few times of this, I suggested we replace the drywall with 3/4" plywood and just put a skim coat over it. It worked fantastically and there were many broken hands/wrists thereafter.