Malkoff Picture Thread

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've tried it before, not an o ring, but a flat round piece of rubber in a reylight switch. Made it feel more firm, and in turn made switch a little more responsive

I would think adding an o ring that the center goes around the plastic McClicky post under the boot would make the switch feel more firm, but same amount of travel. If you would place a solid round piece of rubber inside the boot that would go on top of the plastic post it would decrease travel and also make the switch feel firm

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just know the mclicky boots are just made of different rubber so it either feels very hard or very soft

I do however agree that the actual spring tension or thickness of the spring would be the best solution regarding pressure

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The switch on MDC lights is plenty firm to me already. I can easily activate a half press but for full press it takes some effort, and frankly I'm fine with that. I prefer the extra travel required on a tactical style flashlight. Easier morse code that way.

The boot on my Lumens Factory Seraph though....way to stiff for my liking. My concern with the MDC boot (and other brands) is eventually tearing a hole in the boot from a fingernail cutting into it over time from finger tip pressing.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
9640D49E-84A5-447F-9A1E-50BEC7468DE1.jpeg

Not sure what to call it.
It's a 1x CR123 MDC body with a VME head, and one of twenty two M361W (3000k) Nichia 219c's from a 'webadmin' (mindabew) group buy a few years back.