Mike Tyson vs Jake Paul

Image.jpg

Will the fight actually happen, and if so, will you watch ... Do you care? Predictions are welcome.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not an aficionado of pugilism in the squared circle, but aren't all these celebrity matches just fixed cash grabs? They'll spar for a few rounds and then someone takes a dive. I know everyone wants to see Tyson beat Paul into hamburger but I doubt it's gonna happen.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
what happened to Musk- Zuckerberg fight? is it still on?

I'm not an aficionado of pugilism in the squared circle,
Nor am I.
but aren't all these celebrity matches just fixed cash grabs?
Yeah, I tend to think the celebrity matches are. However, I wouldn't classify this fight as merely a celebrity match.
They'll spar for a few rounds and then someone takes a dive.
If they fight, I don't see Tyson allowing it to go a few rounds. I also don't think he'd take a dive.
I know everyone wants to see Tyson beat Paul into hamburger but I doubt it's gonna happen.
I read Tyson already has his legal team ready to financially crush Paul if he backs out. Mike needs the payday, one way or the other.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ill kick both there buts well ill sneak up behind them kick the in there butt and run

boo5ted

Enlightened
Jake might be younger but Mike has the experience. Mike will hit Jake so hard his followers will drop like Sonic's rings.

boo5ted

Enlightened
Do you think the fight will take place?

If Mike's lawyers have anything to say about it, yes. Will it be an honest all out brawl? Probably not. I'm sure it will come down to an exhibition match where they decide who will win months before it takes place and both will cash in on a hefty payday.

If Mike's lawyers have anything to say about it, yes. Will it be an honest all out brawl? Probably not. I'm sure it will come down to an exhibition match where they decide who will win months before it takes place and both will cash in on a hefty payday.
Given the amount of money, I can see both Mike and Jake agreeing to a decided outcome. Jake more likely than Mike, however.

Nevertheless, with this fight being Netflix's entry to live fighting events I don't see them risking their future hosting a fixed fight.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Mike will not take a dive. No way. If he gets in there and starts getting pi@@ed and the old Mike comes out Jake's in trouble 😂

Mike will not take a dive. No way.
That was my first thought. Then, upon further consideration, I had to ask myself why did I believe that, especially given the probable purse, win or lose. I've also heard Mike needs a payday.
If he gets in there and starts getting pi@@ed and the old Mike comes out Jake's in trouble 😂
I honestly don't see Mike coming in any other way, especially given who he's fighting.