Pelican Dive Lite warrantee

JwSantora

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know how Pelican handles replacing one of their older dive lites being they no longer make them?

Joe

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is what it is. If you like a light buy spares because the companies think they need to change things so often like it is an automobile. Few lights are like MagLite with nearly the same design decade after decade.

ghostguy6

Enlightened

Check that for the closest light you have. If you have a stealthlite or saberlite style light you will likely get a 3315. If you had the mitylite style you will likely get a 1975. They do list a USA made alternative so you may want to specify that you would prefer that light instead. None of them will be dive rated though. Only IPX7, 1 meter for 30 minutes.

What light do you have and what part is broken? Some of the parts are interchangeable. You can usually find used lights listed cheap if you want the rebuild that specific light.
If it is a stealthlite you can replace the incan bulb with the LED module and it works.

If its a supersable you can replace the incan bulb with the LED module and use a new lense shroud and it work.

JwSantora

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for that link! I only see the 4000 listed. I have a DualSix, a BrightLite, a King Pelican and a LaserPro. All unused and three still NIB.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think Pelican even makes dive lights any more. You have a collection of vintage, discontinued products. If you're worried about breaking them use something replaceable. I don't go jogging with my Pharo-Tech.

I don't know Pelican specifically, but most flashlight companies in this position either tell you to GTFO or they'll give you a below-cost discount towards a current product. I asked Surefire what they could do about their "lifetime warranty" on a thousand dollars' worth of lights I own that they stopped making parts for, and got "lol i dunno."

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire seems to support anything compatible with parts they still stock. Like they'll send you a new 6P head with a glass lens if your old plastic 6P lens melts. But less common stuff is off the radar as far as my experience. Like rechargeables.

Latest posts