Replacement cap switch for Sipik SK68 3W?

RallyDarkstrike

Newly Enlightened
Hi all - new account and first time poster here, but I've known about your forum for awhile.

Basically, I've got a little Sipik SK68 3W LED Flashlight I had bought on AliExpress or DealExtreme (before they went under) quite a few years ago.

It's been a great little light and fairly decent build quality for a cheap Chinese flashlight as far as I am concerned, but in the last year, the tailcap switch has become REALLY flakey. Sometimes you press it and nothing happens, other times you press it and the light comes on but flickers....other times it comes on but is really dim...and yet other times it comes on and works perfectly.

I've already tried taking the rubber cover off the switch and spritzing it with copious amounts of electrical cleaner, but that hasn't made a difference :(

Is there a place that anybody knows where I could buy a replacement screw-on tailcap with a new and better quality switch? I've seen some available on AliExpress, but am leery as I don't know if they would be any better, and I don't really know if I'd be getting the right size...

Any help would be appreciated as I'd hate to replace the little light....it's a great size and is nice and bright when it is working fine, plus it only taking 1 single AA battery makes it quite cheap to run too!

Thanks! :)

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Had the same with one of the four I got for my sister. Frankly, at <$4, it might just be worth buying new ones and starting from scratch.

Chris