So Malkoff has 1x21700 bodies now. Waiting on 2x21700

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just checked the site and there is no longer any voltage info listed for the M91B. The M91's from our special runs from 2-3 yrs ago will run on an 18650 (or even 2xAA Energizer Lithiums). Have you tested the M91T on an 18650?

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
M91T runs the same driver and voltage range as the M91b.

Also the 2x21700 body is in the works! Just may not be out soon. No real ideas as to when that will drop. We are half a year out at very least I'd expect.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please bring back the knurling. And make the 2x21mm body.'

Maybe even 3x21mm body. I think I would be the only one interested however so I get it wouldn't be commercially feasible.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Please bring back the knurling. And make the 2x21mm body.'

Maybe even 3x21mm body. I think I would be the only one interested however so I get it wouldn't be commercially feasible.
Oh no. I'd buy a few of them.

delmar

Newly Enlightened
Any updates on the 2x21700 one piece body?
Coming up on 3 years.
Wont be ordering the hd super until I can mate it to one. 😟

Jfowler

Newly Enlightened
I check into this thread from time to time on the status of the 2x21700 adapter, but I am not displeased running my Wildcat XP-L and Hound Dog Super on 1x21700. The low is fine for indoor use, and I'm sure it will run forever. I use high every night for about 30 minutes to walk my dog, and only charge batteries every couple weeks. Obviously a bit less output than running on 2 cells, but still a ton of light. I go 2x18350 when I feel like maxing it out for a couple days, but the head does get warm. There is practically zero heat running on 1x21700, and I think the form factor is quite nice.

Attachments

• IMG_7912.jpeg
    IMG_7912.jpeg
    238.5 KB · Views: 28

HermodsRide

Newly Enlightened
I check into this thread from time to time on the status of the 2x21700 adapter, but I am not displeased running my Wildcat XP-L and Hound Dog Super on 1x21700. The low is fine for indoor use, and I'm sure it will run forever. I use high every night for about 30 minutes to walk my dog, and only charge batteries every couple weeks. Obviously a bit less output than running on 2 cells, but still a ton of light. I go 2x18350 when I feel like maxing it out for a couple days, but the head does get warm. There is practically zero heat running on 1x21700, and I think the form factor is quite nice.
Agreed. I love putting the 21700 body on my other lights even though it will have reduced output. I just love the size and will be getting adaptors as soon as they drop.

MyUsernameTX

Newly Enlightened
Got my first 21700 Light, a Fenix TK20R, really like it. Now I feel like my Hound Dog Super has been left in the past with 18650's, would LOVE to throw a dual 21700 body on that bad boy

delmar

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the updates.
It seems like the 2x21700 body has taken a backseat for now
since he said he was interested in making an adapter.

Gene if you read this thread could you please give an update?
Inquiring minds would like to know. Thanks.

Last edited:

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would wager not two single bodies connected, but one adapter that will be sorta like Maglites extensions for D cells. A plain tube threaded at both ends. Cost should be negligible.

delmar

Newly Enlightened
I would wager not two single bodies connected, but one adapter that will be sorta like Maglites extensions for D cells. A plain tube threaded at both ends. Cost should be negligible.

You are probably correct. Dont know what i was thinking, i'll edit my post.
Just tossing this out there too...im thinking for all the work going into the adapter, same wall thickness, same body texture, wouldnt it pricewise be better to just make a complete 2 cell body instead? Again just thinking outloud.