{{ Stuff that just works }}

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
Shout out to watchmaking tweezers. They're outstanding for moving tiny parts and components such as driver chips, centering rings and emitters, and especially in our hobby, they fit perfectly into the holes of retaining rings. If you don't need to use force (and by consequence, the sturdiness of needle nose pliers) for a given task, consider using these tweezers. They make my life in flashlight maintenance and care so much easier.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Neon-colored Silicone trays with raised borders and small magnetic screwdrivers used together. No more tiny, dropped screws that magically and instantly vanish when they fall off the table and onto the floor! Yes, I've had that happen more often than I can count.... until, well; until I started using a certain combination together. And no, paper-towels and non-magnetic screwdrivers are NOT good enough!

Bought me a Kershaw/RJ Martin collab. folding knife off of Etsy a while back. Only $15. No damage, no worn off finish. Looked completely brand new. Just missing the box. Sweet deal! Clip on the wrong side for me. Problem fixed very easily using two certain tools, together! I'm a very happy camper.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
The more I think about it, the more I'd say older hand-tools.
I mean the ones Made in America. Back when our grand-fathers were just children themselves. Those old hand-tools were made with pride, and literally built to last decades if taken care of. No cheap junk that was designed to fall apart on you after a few uses so you'd have to throw them away, and buy new ones just as crappy. Basically, before America became infected with the Disposable Society mentality.

tex.proud

Enlightened
Has anyone mentioned shoes yet? A few years ago I went on the hunt for the perfect pair of hiking boots. I probably tried on 100 pairs at different stores before finding the Drifter model from Asolo. I swear they used a mold of my foot to make them. I put 10 miles on them, and went right back to get a second pair that still sits in the box in my closet waiting for me to wear out the 1st pair.

In the flashlight realm, my 2 HDS Rotaries. Carried the 18650 for 8 years before getting the cr123.