What flashlight do you keep in your vehicle?

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've actually never kept a flashlight in a car. If I'm going anywhere there's a chance I'll need one I'll just bring it with me, or several if I have my work bag. Typically an HDS and some modern Streamlight.

If I ever do the carshow circuit with my old truck I'll probably put something period-correct in there just for fun.

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
Some on duty eye candy for ya fellers. These were from a few nights ago. The SL20X has a Malkoff drop in that I aquired from a friendly CPF'er here. I ran out of bulbs and didn't want to retire it. I have also started carrying my older Streamlight Ultra Stinger too. I will post another pic when I go back on Friday.
I know you like the platform, but I will tell ya, I hate those SL20 lights with the original bulb. What in tarnation were they thinking using a bulb housed in porcelain? I remember dropping the SL20XP that had the main bulb and secondary leds, then the bulb would be out of focus and it would rattle. Drove me nuts! I remember my Lt telling me, well quit dropping it. I was like, do you know how hard it is to write out a ticket on the ticket book with the SL20 under your arm pit? Just saying, SL20 brings up bad flashlight memories. Oh yea and I forgot to mention, I had a shared flashlight with my district partner. He would always stick the damn thing into the charger after only using it for like 10 minutes so it would get a memory and thats how long it would last.

Bert Reynolds

Newly Enlightened
Hahaha! The struggle was real! I do remember the shared lights. They were issued at turn out from the QM. I still have one of the ones with the leds around the incandescent bulb.

jzchen

Enlightened
I actually don't carry a flashlight in the car unless it came with it or an emergency kit accessory of some sort.

goofyman

Newly Enlightened
Be a firefighter her in Switzerland I carry a NexTorch P80 in my car so I`m prepared for an emergency where I should break some glas to rescue people.
P80.png

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I have a couple of olight warriors in my driver door pocket. I have a couple of Maglite mods (ROP and a LED one) in my trunk with NiMH. I think I have a spare Surefire mod in there, too. In the small tool bag I keep in my trunk, I think I have a couple of work lights.