What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
CWF Peanut. Quantum dragon driver with RGB secondaries.

Attachments

• IMG_8967.jpeg
    IMG_8967.jpeg
    281.1 KB · Views: 25

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been getting a lot more into fitness as I've been recovering from some injuries (long story), so I finally switched from my Apple Watch to a Garmin Epix Pro so I'd get more battery life and more analysis and flexibility/compatibility with other fitness devices (bike computer, radar tail lights, etc.).

Anyway, it has two white LEDs and one red LED, all controlled with buttons on the watch, so technically that's the most recent LED light I purchased lol. I've been using those LEDs for tons of things around the house instead of carrying my larger Fenix lights around all day. And my battery life on the watch is still about 11 days which I'm pretty happy with.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Didn't have a 2x21700 light
or
one with 9 XHP50.3 emitters

Nightwatch CHAOS

-- good thing I have several Samsung 50S

1715206163020.jpeg

Ray_of_Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Latest acquisition - an Acebeam P18 Defender.
It is incredibly throwy for a quadruple LED setup, because it use four domeless diodes which have a very small point source.
This light use a coaxial barrel to enable a dual tail cap switches. This allows the use of a standard 21700 cell; in contrast with the Nite core et al. - which use a modified 21700 (with + and - terminals at both sides of the cell) to achieve the same functionality. The modified cell system technically is much better because it remove the parasitic resistance of the tail cap spring, of the switch and of the contact, which is something when you're pumping 20 Ampere into the driver.
This P18 light can sustain 1000 lumens output indefinitely, and 5000+ lumens for more than one minute. It can operate while charging - it has an external USB-C charging port, hidden behind the screw-on protection; the entire light is rated IP68 which is great.
Greetings,
Anthony

Attachments

• 20240509_110111.JPG
    20240509_110111.JPG
    824.7 KB · Views: 14