What's your ideal watch?

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sure am! :D

Just on a month since I got it, and apart from work it doesn't come off!

It is the ceramic model... lots of people knock the ceramic bezel's but I think they look great!

Plus the new glide lock bracelet is just awesome!

I have a black NATO on the way to mix it up a little :)

Couple more pics from today.

P5063973.jpg

P5063979.jpg

cw_mi

Enlightened
So far these two... Just got them today. Pretty much my first watches.

DSC02772.jpg

DSC02776.jpg

DSC02773.jpg

Tsportmat

Newly Enlightened
Hi all, my watch is a Traser Diver in Orange with Tritium H3 lume, bought it a couple of years back - wear it every day! :D

I also have a 10 year old titanium Seiko Chronagraph, which I bought when I was about 12, still love it but it doesn't see so much wrist time now, due to scratches which result from being worn everyday and no sapphire/titanium.

My next watch is the very watch which DimeRazorback has; whether that day will ever come remains to be seen.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
My next watch is the very watch which DimeRazorback has; whether that day will ever come remains to be seen.

A Rolex Sub-C?

I hope to have one, one day as well. Perhaps 5 years after my new career takes off. That would be a realistic timeline. Ironically, I do know one Rolex A.D. willing to discount by 10% and work with customers to avoid paying state tax (legally) on a Rolex Sub. Not sure how long that deal will last. Possibly as long as they're in business since there are certain requirements customers must meet to get that sweet deal. If you're interested in the the details and the location of the A.D., PM me.

Also . . . :welcome:

Tsportmat

Newly Enlightened
A Rolex Sub-C?

I hope to have one, one day as well. Perhaps 5 years after my new career takes off. That would be a realistic timeline. Ironically, I do know one Rolex A.D. willing to discount by 10% and work with customers to avoid paying state tax (legally) on a Rolex Sub. Not sure how long that deal will last. Possibly as long as they're in business since there are certain requirements customers must meet to get that sweet deal. If you're interested in the the details and the location of the A.D., PM me.

Also . . . :welcome:

Yeah, a Sub 116610 - can't put a date on when the day will come, however!

Thanks for the offer, unfortunately I live in England!

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an international contact if anyone is interested.

He does new and old for great prices.

Loving that traser btw Tsportmat, I'm always looking at them but having pulled the trigger on one yet.

ejot

Enlightened
It's funny there is action in this thread again,
today I find waiting for me when I come home, ,my first Swiss automatic! :rock:

It is so great!
previously I had, Russian and Chinese. :ohgeez:

IMG_0774s.jpg

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah I love the look of some of the Ball collection.

Was tossing up between the Hydrocarbon Engineer and my Oris Titan Chrono... I chose the Oris obviously, but still wonder how I would have liked the Ball.

They both have the same movement, so it was based on aesthetics and external appearance. My main reason for choosing the Oris was the fact it was Titanium and was too be discontinued... since I got my Sub I rarely wear either of my Oris anyway! :laughing:

My next watch purchase will be one of these:

dsc0041copiacopiaze4.jpg

After that, I think I'll stop with the watch addiction for a while :D cause the next thing on the list is a little out of budget... :laughing:

Last edited:

mossyoak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhon
Yeah I love the look of some of the Ball collection.

Was tossing up between the Hydrocarbon Engineer and my Oris Titan Chrono... I chose the Oris obviously, but still wonder how I would have liked the Ball.

They both have the same movement, so it was based on aesthetics and external appearance. My main reason for choosing the Oris was the fact it was Titanium and was too be discontinued... since I got my Sub I rarely wear either of my Oris anyway! :laughing:

My next watch purchase will be one of these:

dsc0041copiacopiaze4.jpg

After that, I think I'll stop with the watch addiction for a while :D cause the next thing on the list is a little out of budget... :laughing:

On the jubilee like that?

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the jubilee like that?

Yes sir! If I can't, I'll be happy with an oyster. But Jubilee is the preference :)

Yeah, but a Patek Philippe is a thing of beauty. :)

They are... as are the Jaeger Lecoultre Reverso's, and A. Lange & Söhne Richard Lange Tourbillon :p

See where I'm going with the stopping of the watch addiciton! :laughing:

I wore a Submariner every day for about 20 years. I wore it changing the oil, mowing the lawn, building and sawing lumber, digging the garden, swimming--and I wore it to the office. When it got dirty, I hosed it off or took it in the shower. Since I never serviced it, after about fifteen years, it started gaining a little time, so I got it serviced and wore it another five years. Then I decided it was time for another watch and gave it to a friend. He's worn it every day for the last seven years. Not that it's a workhorse or anything.

bill