Will I turn into a Maglite fan once again?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Making the rounds for flashlight checks, tonight was check the D size lights day. Those are my electric candles. Mostly Maglites.

It had been a couple of years since I switched on the classic 2D LED. The 177 (?) lumen version. Like the ML25, that one was/is pretty impressive given it doesn't even put out 200 lumens.

IMG_2270.jpeg

IMG_2269.jpeg

Lots of candella with this one.
After the new year I'll add a 3D version. Heck, now with their 40% off sale this would be the time yet my flashlight money tree is bare.

Edit: they're sold out of both 2D and 3D classic LED's.

Last edited:

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Making the rounds for flashlight checks, tonight was check the D size lights day. Those are my electric candles. Mostly Maglites.

It had been a couple of years since I switched on the classic 2D LED. The 177 (?) lumen version. Like the ML25, that one was/is pretty impressive given it doesn't even put out 200 lumens.

View attachment 54149

View attachment 54150
Lots of candella with this one.
After the new year I'll add a 3D version. Heck, now with their 40% off sale this would be the time yet my flashlight money tree is bare.

Edit: they're sold out of both 2D and 3D classic LED's.
Yup. I can relate. My money tree dropped all it's leaves and died. :(:au:

Poppy

Flashaholic
If I remember correctly, if you order is over $100 you receive free shipping
Good point. I think you are right.
My problem is that I currently find it challenging to justify spending more than $100 on anything that I don't need. Certainly if there is anything that I really want, I can convince myself that I need it.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Until yesterday everything was $0 shipping.

Today it's back to regular I suppose. The $0 shipping is 'sure post' where they ship it to your local post office and the mailman brings it to your house. In my experience it adds a day to the time from order to receive.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
My distributor of choice for most flashlight-related things sets their 'free shipping' (like anything is actually free;-) minimum, at $50. I can't recall the last time I paid for shipping, but I also have quite ample patience too (which it seems many lack these days). If I want some things which are not urgent needs, I simply wait to place my order until something else arises that I need / want (which never seems to take that long). I don't completely subscribe to the 'life is timing' adage, but in these situations, considering it can save me a bit of money, so it applies. If it was $100 instead, that would change my calculus of bit.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
When it comes to hobbies, there's nothing I cannot live without.
Keeping this attitude, leads to less anxiety, and very little disappointment when deals fall through.
That said, few days ago,, I got a screaming deal from Factory on a gloss black ML150LRS,, $57 delivered!
+

That is a screamin deal, LFP powered is a big plus.
did you get 12V or the AC charger?

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered a 40th Anniversary light and a couple charging cords during the 40%/free shipping sale a few weeks ago. Should get here next week. Last time I bought a Mag retail was probably 2003 or so.

When it comes to hobbies, there's nothing I cannot live without.
Keeping this attitude, leads to less anxiety, and very little disappointment when deals fall through.
That said, few days ago,, I got a screaming deal from Factory on a gloss black ML150LRS,, $57 delivered!

Nice score. I got one NIB on eBay for about half that but it didn't have an AC charger. They're cool lights. I wish it hadn't taken Mag so long to come out with something that'd compete with the Stinger. They lost about 20 years there. Pretty sure they had one patented back in the '90s but I guess the gears grind slowly.