E2XT Heads

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Oh, that's right the electronics for the LX2 to are in the head not the body right ?

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Wonder if I can hollow out my old L1? my vme head works but don't think I'm getting full power.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I'm good with using 16340's in it just not sure what exactly is in it that I need to remove. I'll need a spacer but that's not a big deal. It works with my vme on high and low but not sure I'm getting full output.

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
View attachment 33193
I'll be derned. Works perfectly lol.
So the gas pedal cover works in the same way as the hi / low ring in MD2 heads.
Now gotta try with EB2 body :)

If there is good demand, Gene could team up with Elzeta and make an 18650 body for SF Dual Fuel heads with their Bravo back covers. Then it would be possible to get another strobe switch. As far as I can see, he makes heads for them.

I'm good with using 16340's in it just not sure what exactly is in it that I need to remove. I'll need a spacer but that's not a big deal. It works with my vme on high and low but not sure I'm getting full output.
I dismantled some buttons on L1, LX2, there is just a resistor, and when it is fully tightened, there is no resistor. If the power is not full, then you have a weak battery, or somewhere inside the VME there is a bad contact and because of this additional resistance

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
1665554771767.png

We usually call them buttons, maybe I sometimes use the terminology incorrectly

scalpel_ninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure if this was covered before, but has anyone tried the E2XT head on an EDCL2-T body and gas pedal switch?

Also, would the Malkoff neutral MDC head also give a hi/lo with the gas pedal switch?