E2XT Heads

NH Lumens

Enlightened
That's what I thought. I misunderstood the post thinking the new head had less throw
It does, by virtue of the fact that the E2SHT has a substantially tighter hot spot than the E2XTD - at least my sample of the E2SHT does.

Gene stated that there's been a number of revisions to the head since it was released as the E2SHT, so no surprise that it's been tweaked. The current E2XTD has a wider hot spot than my sample of the E2SHT, though not quite as intense. As I posted, my sample of the E2SHT exceeded the 70,000 cd spec by at least 10%. It's either a sample-to-sample variation, or the head has been tweaked as described.

NH Lumens

Enlightened
Candela can be measured directly with a lux meter, which is what I have done;

Measuring lumens is not as direct, requiring an integration sphere or some DIY enclosure to serve as one.

For the run time graph above, I took simple lux readings every 30 seconds until the lux reading fell to 10% of its initial value. I correlated the initial reading at 30 seconds after turning the light on to the lumens rating of the head - I did not calculate lumens directly. I have a DIY integration sphere project (styrofoam cooler) in the works so I can attempt to calculate lumens, at least on a comparative basis.

BTW, my E2SHT head is looking for a new home - PM me if interested.

QMT93

Enlightened
Thanks @NH Lumens for the explanation! I'm still saving up for the next light, so I'll keep your Malkoff jackpot sample in mind.