Incoming - What do you have coming in the mail??

ZEUSFL

Newly Enlightened
I just got 175 cells.

I will build a 14S12P 2.62kw pack but I have few extras for my flashing lights. Molicel P42B.

442398153_10161592251117074_3123143691386163365_n.jpg

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I snagged one just a few years after the launch of the Millennium Series came out and have clung to it ever since. I think mine is actually an L90 with an A12 extender and SRTH that was lovingly pieced together by a barely-perceptively-reluctant-to-sell vendor.

Looks like it's an original 12PM with an SRTH. Switch is a 2000s era Z49. Probably should try to find an OE switch for Pebble Beach days, but I prefer clickies in use. Definitely one of the brighter incans I've tried. Gonna have to figure out the bulb situation since I don't want to risk this old N62.

Also, if anyone likes the aesthetics of these things but doesn't want to spend any money, old Stingers with the HP head aren't too far off.

PXL_20240517_211049811.jpg

PXL_20240517_211255708.jpg

ebuchner

Newly Enlightened
Gonna have to figure out the bulb situation since I don't want to risk this old N62.
That's a bit challenging because MN-series lamp assemblies have a filament that sits a smidge too low for perfect focus in N-compatible turboheads. I just checked to be sure with an MN60 in my SRTH. The beam is quite tight but with a little bit of donuting. Adding a shim just spreads the beam and makes the donut more pronounced on account of how the MN60 filament is too low to begin with.

That said, I think Lumens Factory just came out with an LED assembly specifically for N-series lamp assembly replacements. Also a non-zero chance that you could convince them to build you some incandescent assemblies with the filament at the right focus point for a given battery combination (2XLiIon or 4XCR123).

Of course, if you have a MN to bi-pin adapter you can probably get any filament height you want.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a bit challenging because MN-series lamp assemblies have a filament that sits a smidge too low for perfect focus in N-compatible turboheads. I just checked to be sure with an MN60 in my SRTH. The beam is quite tight but with a little bit of donuting. Adding a shim just spreads the beam and makes the donut more pronounced on account of how the MN60 filament is too low to begin with.

That said, I think Lumens Factory just came out with an LED assembly specifically for N-series lamp assembly replacements. Also a non-zero chance that you could convince them to build you some incandescent assemblies with the filament at the right focus point for a given battery combination (2XLiIon or 4XCR123).

Of course, if you have a MN to bi-pin adapter you can probably get any filament height you want.

Yeah, they have one that works with up to 9v. Two 16650s would be a good combo if I actually use this thing. Do you know if you can still get lexan lenses for these?

ebuchner

Newly Enlightened
Do you know if you can still get lexan lenses for these?
I don't know the thickness of the original lens nor do I know the range of thickness that could be made to fit, but I'm sure there are services that'll cut polycarbonate to any size or thickness you want. A long time ago McGizmo managed to pop one out and reinsert it for a mod, so he'd be the one to ask about the nuances of assembly/disassembly and dimensions.
https://www.dmcleish.com/CPF/reflector-lens/index.html

If you were willing to accept an acrylic lens if you ever needed a replacement, then I know flashlightlens.com does custom acrylic lens sizes with all the bells and whistles as far as anti-reflective and anti-scratch coatings are concerned. I think their thickness range from 1.9 mm to 2.9 mm

iacchus

Enlightened
Some centering gaskets from Simon to try that butterfly mod on the DMC Malihini, just out of curiosity.
And I picked up a PM2 in Cruwear because I have some project ideas I want to try. I've avoided a PM2 for ages because the looks really didn't appeal to me. Couple days ago a buddy handed me one at work to cut some stuff and it clicked. You really have to use one to realize why their popular I guess.
So I guess I needed one of them too.

tex.proud

Enlightened
Just arrived!

Malkoff M31LLL from Illumn came up to just under $75 so I added some cheap battery cases to get the free shipping...am I the only one that does that?

Got it to put in a VME head on the MDC 2xAA body running Eneloop Pro. Should get some decent run time.

I know it can run on a single CR123, and I have a MDC CR123 I can swap heads with if I want a smaller form factor single output.

20240521_132711.jpg

Carry On!

EDIT: Now that it's dark, and I have a chance to check this thing out, I can say that the 50 Lumen M31LLL Nichia 219B V3 4000K light module is FAWESOME! A perfect level with a perfect tint!

That is all!

Last edited:

CharlesPierce

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, the Surefire G2X only runs for 1.5 hours while the Streamlight Polytac goes for 3.5 hours even though they're both 600 lumens and use the same batteries. It's all about the tech inside, like how they handle power and heat. Basically, the Polytac's just got better stuff under the hood.

Espresso_Junky

Newly Enlightened
Well recently did arrive in the mail... an Armytek Wizard C2 Pro Max LR, their version of a 'white' tint. Fantastic multi-purpose light with more modes than I will likely feel the need to use. Thing has what is a perfect tint for my use and is quite lightweight given the cell size.