LEP Lights Made Outside of China

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I imagine Surefire is working on one, since they have a history of making some flamethrowers. It would be nice for Maglite to give SF some competition, but that would be outside the mainstream market that ML seems to prefer to swim in.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire LEP would kick some butt. I really wish they'd release an updated version of the Beast 2 as well, but I know that ain't gonna happen! I really liked the idea of an HID that could run off of primary CR123A's in a pinch.

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is the thing, I like buying American as much as anyone and I really like buying European but I'm not going to act like Nitecore and Fenix or a few others don't make solid products.

I was gifted a Nitecore on here maybe 14 years ago and it was just better than I thought a Chinese light could be. I have 1 or 2 American made lights for every foreign one in my collection. When theres a US made LEP I'll get one so long as it isn't like over $1000 because I have no actual use for them.

I have looked at the Nitecore but not settled on a model just yet and I have some other stuff I actually need to get on my wishlist first such as a new bike light, Lupine Betty, Clulight lantern, and some assorted Streamlights.

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would be nice if they had a focus ring to expand/contract LEP for more versatility, like the Acebeam Terminator.
Shouldn't be needed ( the single LEP ) will be mated with 6 high power 13 watt Cree LED's, with large TIR optics