Malkoff MDC - The “Poor Man's Haiku” - Another Ideal EDC

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are many who thank their lucky stars every day for that "lack" of mode memory.
:)

Many of these features are personal preference issues. Some love the deep pocket clip, and some think it somehow prevents tailstanding(which it does NOT prevent, you just have to stand it on the edge of a book or table). Some love mode memory, and some hate mode memory with a passion. Some hate cool, and want HCRI. Etc. It never ends. You can't please everybody every time.

Last edited:

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree wholeheartedly. I like the modes of the MDC. I really do not care for mode memory. Either get a one mode light or train with the light/drop in that your using and know it well.

af112566

Newly Enlightened
hi,,i think I read in this thread the vme head will fit the mdc body.i would like to confirm this.any info would be great.
I have a aa mdc and was thing about getting a vme and use some of the different m61's I have with a 14500li-ion battery.

archimedes

Flashaholic
hi,,i think I read in this thread the vme head will fit the mdc body.i would like to confirm this.any info would be great.
I have a aa mdc and was thing about getting a vme and use some of the different m61's I have with a 14500li-ion battery.

Photo of this in post #88 of this thread ....

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
Does the VME head make it a single mode light? Or is all the good stuff in the switch?

It will depend what dropin you put in. The VME is just an empty head. Most of Malkoff's dropins are single mode but he has a 3 mode also. Or if you get one from someone else it may have multiple modes.

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Same here as Grizzman. I have the VME with the AA tube and a M31 219B drop in. Excellent setup!

qmtu

Enlightened
I don't have an MDC flashlights, but I have bought quite a few drop-ins for my Elzetta flashlights.

Thanks to the OP for a great write up! I wish the orange color was still available. I recently got a Malkoff head for my Surefire E1b, and to be honest I'm floored by it! Even though I have several of his drop ins I wasn't prepared for awesome this would be. Now I am definitely gonna have to get an MDC, too.