The definitive Malkoff Hound Dog Super thread

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lube gets everyone excited and leads to intense debates across several niches/hobbies/industries.

Most benchrest competitors use copper anti-seize on barrel threads and barrels are generally torqued to 50-75ftlbs.
The threads mate absolutely flawlessly when a barrel is spun correctly. Way way closer tolerances than any flashlight.

Flashlight guys might say anti-seize won't work on flashlight threads.

@thermal guy never leaves home without NYOGEL

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Next topic....Lotta stuff being ordered soon...lol kernel is responsible
For the sophisticated Malkoff User
51745344888_35c7e53c22.jpg

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will oven mits or perhaps Mechanix or Snap-on gloves work, or is there something special about the copperfits that is needed?

The copper distributes the heat evenly while the compression wrap provides joint support and spring back when you power it on.

The E2XTD is a lifestyle. You don't choose it. It chooses you.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
When I go out of town, I typically will bring my aluminum 219c BOSS, with 4 extra 18350's in a case. I rarely go thru one whole battery in a week. Rather have them and not need them, than need them and not have!

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't flown commercial in over 20 years. Yeahhhh I see where you're coming from about the Hound Dog Super in those circumstances 😆
I've only worn Zamberlan VIOS GTX boots since I was 18 or so.
haha, dangit. And here I am always getting put in the back of the plane.

Those are some serious looking boots. You definitely have to squat twice a week to lug those around all day.

Last edited:

jp_over

Newly Enlightened
I've been running my HD super for a while with 3 x 18650s and am thinking of going back to 2 x 18650s.

Has anyone done pro/con testing? I'm just thinking the batteries might last a while longer with 2 along with the light being easier to pocket.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been running my HD super for a while with 3 x 18650s and am thinking of going back to 2 x 18650s.

Has anyone done pro/con testing? I'm just thinking the batteries might last a while longer with 2 along with the light being easier to pocket.

The runtime is longer because the higher the volts the less amps used to make a lumen. The amps increase as the voltage drops.