• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired ██ SCAM ██ 15 watt Ostar LED bicycle light ██ SCAM ██

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunga

Flashaholic
Re: ███ SCAM ███ 15 watt Ostar LED bicycle light. In stock! ENDED! ███ SCAM ███

Wow, I didn't know this!

:shakehead

Does this mean all the other MJ "customs" are just mass market lights that have been rebranded?

The Extreme 3 is almost exactly a Liteflux, so I always wondered why it cost so much?

ptolemy

Enlightened

Wow, I didn't know this!

Does this mean all the other MJ "customs" are just mass market lights that have been rebranded?

The Extreme 3 is almost exactly a Liteflux, so I always wondered why it cost so much?
Well, Michael Jordan did bring 6 championships to Bulls, oh wait, we are talking about Mike Jordan :devil:

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: 15 watt Ostar LED bicycle light. In stock! ENDED!

+1
the fall from grace can hurt when you hit the bottom. Do like the hi profile people...........own it, tell us the whole truth and then start to heal.
Everybody get a second and sometimes a third chance:oops:
+1 on this. Absolute best thing he can do right now is explain himself fully and honestly. Maybe he got duped, or maybe he was trying to do the duping, but get it all out in the open.

Tiger Woods had an affair and tried to hide it. David Letterman had an affair but sucked it up and owned up to his actions. Which of those two people is more prominent in your mind for their actions?

Hopefully he'll leave all the excuses behind and give us an honest answer. Right now's exactly the time where he decides whether to rebuild or bury his reputation.

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have seen that X6 Cannon on Alibaba but did not want to trash the FS thread and I could not find it when I looked for it again.[...]
QtrHorse this is one heck of a piece of information.

Are you sure you can't find it in your browser history?
If it has been withdrawn from Alibaba, anyone know how we could get a cached version of the page?

I am so glad I never bought from him. I always had the feeling that something was "off" in his sales posts. Too much hype and advertisement that sounded weird.

gunga

Flashaholic

Yep, I guess many consider the extreme 3 to be a masterpiece, I'll retract my statement, sorta. They were nice lights, just seem like slightly re-engineered Litefluxes...

I didn't follow the other MJ threads, too rich for my blood.

THis is just disappointing.

:mecry:

Colorblinded

Enlightened

Wow, what a thread. What a way to get yourself caught too. Ballsy, stupid, inconsiderate... anything for a quick buck I suppose.

easilyled

Flashaholic

....I am so glad I never bought from him. I always had the feeling that something was "off" in his sales posts. Too much hype and advertisement that sounded weird.

+1. I always had the exact same feeling. Not to say that I wasn't tempted once or twice (even recently with the Ti SF), but fortunately I didn't succumb.

KuKu427

Enlightened

Wow, I didn't know this!

What? You guys don't know who made that light?

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast

His Extreme III was supposed to be a special "Limited Run" of lights, they are still being released to this day. Now if some one was doing a "Limited Run", why would so many hosts be made in the first place?? People were questioning how many would be produced prior to it's release, and that question was ignored. I think MJ's dishonesty goes back farther than you might think.

KuKu427

Enlightened

IIRC the initial order was for 700 units but that was reduced to 400.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast

I got to see a couple of Ostar type lights from ArcMania and always thought the quality was amazing.

Yet the performance where it counts was low, but I just figured it was something inherent to Ostar LED's not being as efficient as we like.

___________Production & Limited Runs_______________________
Light_____________________LED_____________ Cells____________ Lumens____ Time___5m lux__1m lux (cal)__
ArcMania_________________Ostar SMT__________1 AW 2600mAh_________ 405.0______1 sec____394______9,850_______
SF III__________________________________________________________ 368.5______30 sec_______________________
__________________________________________________________ ______362.3______1 min________________________
__________________________________________________ _______________352.3______2 min________________________
__________________________________________________ _______________343.8______3 min________________________

IMSabbel

Enlightened

If it has been withdrawn from Alibaba, anyone know how we could get a cached version of the page?

I am so glad I never bought from him. I always had the feeling that something was "off" in his sales posts. Too much hype and advertisement that sounded weird.

I did look for about 2 minutes and found that one:

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs/318973967-LED-Tactical-Flashlight-wholesalers.html

Looks pretty similar to the light in that link on the first page.
Although its just as expensive as the one arcmania sold.

KuKu427

Enlightened

LiteFlux... I thought people knew this... :faint:

QtrHorse

Flashlight Enthusiast

I had a minor malfunction on the laptop that I originally found it on so I cannot view my old history. I tried for days after that to find it again but could not. That is the only reason I did not post in his thread or inform a Mod because I could not be 100% certain. I do not even slightly remember what the price was either. It was a late night when I was searching for the manufacture of the Tactical HID 24W lights.

Just for the record, there is nothing wrong with making a profit on an item, even a good profit but I believe honesty is also needed. In this case, there seems to have been a lack of honesty and then a pathetic attempt to cover it up.

KuKu427

Enlightened

I still want to see what name he comes up with for the Taiwanese contractor.

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast

I still want to see what name he comes up with for the Taiwanese contractor.

I don't believe the "Contractor" he used to "assemble" the X6 for him was ever revealed, so I doubt it will come to light this time either.

KuKu427

Enlightened

And I doubt there was ever a contractor. :fail:

Illum

Flashaholic

certain creations of his did rouse suspicion but accusations can't be made until sound evidence is procured. For one thing many of the customs here who create "limited runs" discontinue their completed lights up to a certain period of time, yet its been how many years now since the Micro Extreme III came out and they are still available at lighthound. Its these subtle contradictions that makes people wonder, maybe in the future I'll jot down a list of contradictions I see around here:duh2:

Looks pretty similar to the light in that link on the first page.Although its just as expensive as the one arcmania sold.

2up75g5.jpg

compared to ArcManias: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/281978
35j9xki.jpg

I think we found his supplier

Lets not forget the X6 http://www.lighthound.com/ARCMania-...per-bright-rechargeable-focusable_p_3296.html
a1pg1k.jpg

compared to: http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/301269362/tactical_flashlight.html
149w7dh.jpg

While I would appreciate the introduction of good engineered lights to the forum, why not sell it reasonably as a dealer in CPFM, why scale it in customs? :thumbsdow

Last edited:

ptolemy

Enlightened

who made those SF bodies? it sure has a nice design:)

Status
Not open for further replies.