• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired 100pc Left Titanium Firefly

jashhash

Enlightened
Hi helios123,
PM Sent.

I counted my inventory and now have 25pc left. Also I'm going to be moving all my remaining inventory from China to the US this week. This will have an affect on both lowering local shipping by a small amount while unfortunately increasing international shipping substantially. So for the remaining 25pc left the price will be $149 shipped to the US and $159 shipped worldwide. Unfortunately these shipping costs no longer include tracking numbers since that's an extra fee in the US.

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Josh,

is the tail end of the Firefly water tight? Do you have a picture of the pink boot that helios123 is referring to?

Im also waiting to hear from you on a PM for spare parts. I'm considering purchasing a 3rd firefly, but am waiting to hear from you.

thanks,
Joel

Last edited:

helios123

Enlightened
Hi Josh,

is the tail end of the Firefly water tight? Do you have a picture of the pink boot that helios123 is referring to?

Im also waiting to hear from you on a PM for spare parts. I'm considering purchasing a 3rd firefly, but am waiting to hear from you.

thanks,
Joel

I'll try to take a pic for you tomorrow. It should be watertight if the pink silicone boot is in good condition.

helios123

Enlightened
Thank you for your help, Helios!

Maxspeeds,

Sorry I totally forgot to take the pics for you! Well, I have the boots in the mail on the way to me. When I disassemble to replace the boot I promise I'll take some shots for you.

In the meantime, you actually have nothing to worry about. If the boot is in good condition the switch should be pretty watertight. There are two brass rings which sandwich the boot and the top brass ring has an o ring pressed against it when you screw the switch retainer down. (the part I coloured bronze). Mine was only ripped where the inside circumference of the brass rings are. If you're really worried, try switching to a rubber boot which should provide peace of mind..Me myself, I just love metal switches. ;)

Glenn

jashhash

Enlightened
Hi Maxspeed,
The switch boot will hold water to some degree but isn't functionally as good as a true rubber switch boot. It will handle a splash but I wouldn't go about dunking it in the river or submersing it in the sink. I decided to make the switch button titanium to match the look of the rest of the light.

helios123

Enlightened
Hi Maxspeed,
The switch boot will hold water to some degree but isn't functionally as good as a true rubber switch boot. It will handle a splash but I wouldn't go about dunking it in the river or submersing it in the sink. I decided to make the switch button titanium to match the look of the rest of the light.

Thanks for the clarification Joshua!

jashhash

Enlightened
Hi Everyone,
As stated before I will now be shipping from California so the pricing has been updated to $149 for domestic an $159 for international customers. I just updated the ship list and will be shipping out the next round of fireflys this Thursday. As of now I have just 20pc left for sale and once they are gone they are gone. Let me know if you would like another.

jashhash

Enlightened
Hi Everyone,
I just updated the ship list. Unfortunately since I'm shipping from the US now tracking numbers is an extra cost that I'm not charging for shipping. In China it was free but in the US the tracking service is an extra fee. Almost sold out now with just 15pc left for grabs. when they are gone they are gone forever.

wpnsmith

Newly Enlightened
I'm in! PayPal on the way. Is there a comparison I can use to make an informed choice of emitter? I like higher color temperatures, and prefer blue tint over yellow.
[Edit: Hmm, looks like there's only the Nichia left, so that answers that question. Kinda hard to parse the options without reading the entire thread...]
Thanks!

[Second edit: Sent another PayPal for another one, so two total.]

Last edited: