• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired 100pc Left Titanium Firefly

jashhash

Enlightened
Hi Weapon Smith,
Right now I just have the Nichia 219b version remaining in stock. The Nichia 219b is by far the most popular with a 90+ CRI. The XML version that is now sold out is brighter but with lesser CRI of around 70-75.

Sofastreamer

Newly Enlightened
Hi Weapon Smith,
Right now I just have the Nichia 219b version remaining in stock. The Nichia 219b is by far the most popular with a 90+ CRI. The XML version that is now sold out is brighter but with lesser CRI of around 70-75.

cant find any information about the ui and modes as well as possible batterys on this. could you please post that information (again).

is it right, that ould cost 149 $ shipping included when shipped to germany?

FatRat

Newly Enlightened
cant find any information about the ui and modes as well as possible batterys on this. could you please post that information (again).

Link is on first page,click firefly which takes you to kickstarter then click campaign.

Last edited:

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the first post has a typo regarding the int´l shipping costs. See post#329:
Hi Everyone,
As stated before I will now be shipping from California so the pricing has been updated to $149 for domestic an $159 for international customers. I just updated the ship list and will be shipping out the next round of fireflys this Thursday. As of now I have just 20pc left for sale and once they are gone they are gone. Let me know if you would like another.

txlair

Newly Enlightened
I'll take one if still available. Let me know and I'll PayPal.

Last edited:

Howiezowie

Newly Enlightened
A heads up and word of caution to new owners of this light: (Note: In no way is this a criticism of the light or its designer, Joshua; I am thrilled to own this very nice light!)

On arrival the light may have a number of tiny "splinters" or almost microscopic shards of titanium adhering to some of the surfaces, a by-product of the machining/milling processes from manufacturing. I had a fair bit of this material on my light, but did not realize these splinters could end up lodged in my fingers after handling it. Initially I casually wiped of any debris I saw, but I ended up having to remove six tiny but painful metal splinters from a three of my fingers (not an easy task.) After that, I more carefully examined the light for splinters and thoroughly cleaned it.

My recommendation: Examine the surfaces of the light with a magnifier, and/or thoroughly brush it with a stiff plastic brush to remove any remaining shards of metal. (Be careful where those brushed of splinters end up!) Definitely remove the head bezel and the stainless steel pins (or tritium vials) and use a toothbrush etc. to brush into the openings/crevices. Also, check and brush the threads of the head (remove o-rings of course) to be sure any metal bits are removed.

Unlike many custom lights that are hand milled and finished by the individual designer, the Firefly's manufacturing was outsourced to suppliers and a machine shop in China, with the designer, Joshua, in Shenzhen himself for most (if not all,) of the time, personally guiding the process. I cannot speak for the other 299 lights made, but clearly the one I received had not been fully cleaned of titanium debris by the machinist or individuals performing final assembly. This is not a defect of the light or design, but simply a case of workers perhaps rushing to finish a small production run, and not fully cleaning metal parts before they moved on to the next stage of production.

I just felt new owners should be aware of the potential of their lights arriving with hard-to-see titanium remnants, and provide a little guidance to ensure happy (and pain free) ownership!

Cheers!

(Below is a photo for size reference, showing two tiny titanium splinters)

29794819535_47db16d08a_z.jpg width="640" height="600"

Last edited:

msim

Enlightened
A heads up and word of caution to new owners of this light: (Note: In no way is this a criticism of the light or its designer, Joshua; I am thrilled to own this very nice light!)

On arrival the light may have a number of tiny "splinters" or almost microscopic shards of titanium adhering to some of the surfaces, a by-product of the machining/milling processes from manufacturing. I had a fair bit of this material on my light, but did not realize these splinters could end up lodged in my fingers after handling it. Initially I casually wiped of any debris I saw, but I ended up having to remove six tiny but painful metal splinters from a three of my fingers (not an easy task.) After that, I more carefully examined the light for splinters and thoroughly cleaned it.

My recommendation: Examine the surfaces of the light with a magnifier, and/or thoroughly brush it with a stiff plastic brush to remove any remaining shards of metal. (Be careful where those brushed of splinters end up!) Definitely remove the head bezel and the stainless steel pins (or tritium vials) and use a toothbrush etc. to brush into the openings/crevices. Also, check and brush the threads of the head (remove o-rings of course) to be sure any metal bits are removed.

Unlike many custom lights that are hand milled and finished by the individual designer, the Firefly's manufacturing was outsourced to suppliers and a machine shop in China, with the designer, Joshua, in Shenzhen himself for most (if not all,) of the time, personally guiding the process. I cannot speak for the other 299 lights made, but clearly the one I received had not been fully cleaned of titanium debris by the machinist or individuals performing final assembly. This is not a defect of the light or design, but simply a case of workers perhaps rushing to finish a small production run, and not fully cleaning metal parts before they moved on to the next stage of production.

I just felt new owners should be aware of the potential of their lights arriving with hard-to-see titanium remnants, and provide a little guidance to ensure happy (and pain free) ownership!

Cheers!

This made my fingers hurt just reading it!! I luckily did not have that issue but will definitely make a habit of checking for such things whenever I get a new light!

neoaeon

Newly Enlightened
mixglo.com has the 3x11mm trits, but doesn't seem to offer 2.5x10mm. Does anyone have a preffered source for the 2.5x10mm trits?

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why? They look better but if you drop it you will regret it. :)

Hey Gunga,
I hate to admit it, but the hands that once assisted in open heart surgery & could tie knots inside a matchbox are now having a challenge at manipulating the tiny "O" ring shock absorbers. I think the design is brilliant. I started with green trits alternating the stainless steel rods, then used 4 green and 4 blue. I just realized the last time that it took me an awful long time to get it right. Has anyone dropped theirs yet with 3x11 trits? Awesome light, and I highly recommend Mix-glo(excellent products & customer service...thanks Mike for the recommendation way back when)...

gunga

Flashaholic
I find the tiny orings very fiddly and annoying too. They work though. When I did drop testing the proto, I managed to break most of the trits. It looks better but is fragile, so be wary.