18650 Charger for 4 Batteries 1A Each?

3liminate

Newly Enlightened
Would not have recommended it if it was bad:nana: since i have had mine its been left powered on 24/7 and used for up to 16hrs a day................constant...........sometimes longer:faint: I have many many chargers, vp1/vp2/vp4/sp1/used to have a vc4 (and not impressed in several ways so its gifted), AWT and nitecore off the top of my head! The opus is used by far the most at home(vp1 is one of my work chargers and is a very good charger).

For not much over $30 and a bit of a wait, gearbest is where i got mine from but the EU warehouse so took a week...................

Haha true that :D Yah the Opus is looking like the best option

3liminate

Newly Enlightened
The LiitoKala Engineer Lii 500 is a very good reliable charger that charges 4 x cells at 1 amp. it comes in at a good price point and does not seem to have any problems like dead bays, broken springs or pulse charging - highly recommended.

Looks very good! Hard decisions

3liminate

Newly Enlightened
Just got this email from Henrik from lygte-info.dk.

'Hey.

The best charger is SkyRC MC3000, but it is also the most expensive one and a bit complicated to use.

Many people like the Opus BT-C3100, it is not a perfect charge, but it does the job, all the extra function makes it a bit complicated to use, but it is much easier than the MC3000.

Next candidate is LiitoKala Lii-500, it is easy to use and can also do 4x1A

And as last possibility the Skilhunt M4D.

My preferred priority list is: MC3000, Lii-500, M4D, C3100 for charging, but I do like getting some analyzing function and then the C3100 moves before the M4D.

I am forgetting another charger for many batteries: The Enova Gyr Falcon All-88, it is only a charger. It can handle just about any round cell and charge with up to 1A on 8 channels. For just charging this would probably be my favorite, it requires that you read the manual (or my review) to find the shortcuts or it requires too many key presses. I believe it is one of the better designed charger, but sadly the designed vent on vacation after doing the body and before doing the display ;) (The display looks way to complicated)

Best regards'

Last edited:

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another great option would be a pair of XTAR VP2's.

CuriousOne

Enlightened
Big +10 on hobby charger + charging cradle. Any current, any number of cells, balanced charging - what can be better?

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ive almost pulled the trigger on the Opus so many times only to come back here and read about some finicky issue with it and that an updated version is coming out. Updated version comes out something is finicky with that one as well. Another updated version comes out etc....

Studying up on hobby chargers....

ven

Flashaholic
I have a few hobby chargers and yes for 3s or 6s lipo etc great, and that's what I use the, for, Rc cells. IMHO it's not user friendly for 18650, I don't need up to 6a+ charging on 18650 cells it's a ball ache, lots of cables to set up. To leave out for convenience is not convenient in itself. Decent charger which is dedicated for 18650 etc cells is far better IMO. The hobby charger stays stored away, takes up too much room for a start, so it comes out when it's play time!
Chargers, cables and kids just don't go in my house :laughing:

The opus BT c3100 v2.2 or 3400 is a cracking charger, been issue free for many many months of continuous use......by that I do mean continuous use, not 2hrs a day, maybe 16hrs or more at times......every day.....every week...every month. It has put my fantastic vp1 and vp2 ,vp4 in storage until I need more than 4 bays. Digital read out unlike the 500, for me no readout is straight away a killer......I like the convenience and having another means to read voltage. Only gripe is a noisy fan now and then.....hardly a big deal.

Thats me, many differ, but hobby chargers is over kill and inconvenient for me, not only that, many hobby chargers are cheap Chinese junk, copies of better known brands that are still cheap Chinese.......just more expensive cheap Chinese...again IMO be right or wrong in some eyes. There are some fantastic chargers out there, why pay crazy amounts for what a $30 charger can do. Then you need more cradles for mor cells.....spaghetti junction!

I just like my chargers dedicated for that chemistry, granted hobby chargers cover most if not all . Each to their own I guess......I have all, all I will say is the hobby charger is away, the opus is in use.

Reg the the opus and the confusing models, the BT c3100 v2.1 had niggles, then updated to v2.2 and I have no niggles at all. Someone thought to save confusion to invent a v3400 for this update. This is the same as the v2.2 .......now a newer update which does not discharge the cell as deep.....I will stick with my v2.2 thanks.

Wp6 II,vp1,vp2,vp4,vc4,i4,sp1,AWT,xp4 panzer are what I have off the top of my head, opus every day for the 4 cells, nimh support, refresh etc modes........and value with up to 2a rate and 0.2a lowest. Pretty much has it all covered...

ps- on iPad, apologies for any wrong words !

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
ven you just sold me an Opus. Now the 2.2 and 3400 are the same thing right? Why would they come out with a version that does not discharge as deep? Is there a retailer you recommend?