18650 Charger for 4 Batteries 1A Each?

ven

Flashaholic
Geeez no pressure now then :laughing:

Afaik CC it was just rebadged so to speak to avoid confusion when some minor upgrades were done, all it seemed to do was cause more confusion . I forget the exact source of this info but do remember reading something similar else where too.
I have the v2.2, there is a later one which when used to test /refresh etc , it discharges to 3v instead of 2.8v (figures off top of my head so might not be exact, main bit is it does not take the cell V as low, might be in the opus review thread for the v2.1). All it does is effect the mah reading , it will be less on the later version due to the higher V it takes it down to. No big deal as never 100% accurate anyway and to be used as a guide.

What I like is the V read out on all 4 bays, if I want to charge a 26650,14500,10440 and an AA nimh ....I can! All set to different rates on each bay. From 0.2a to 1a rates when using 4 bays, just using 1+4 then up to 2a which is great for 26650 cells or even the fast charge of an 18650 INR cell!

ven

Flashaholic
Regarding the discharge not being as deep, iirc it is to do with PCB's tripping on some
cells. Don't have the exact details so again off the top of my head. Never been an issue for me tbh .....

markr6

Flashaholic
Like ven said, the 3400 was just renamed for a specific U.S. dealer on Amazon or Ebay, I forget which. The 3100 v2.2 is the same thing.

tatasal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like ven said, the 3400 was just renamed for a specific U.S. dealer on Amazon or Ebay, I forget which. The 3100 v2.2 is the same thing.

The dealer you are referring to is Rdana.

I own the v2.0, 2.1 and 2.2 versions. They are basically the same, except the 2.0 was showing inflated CHARGE figures, and according to Henry Xu, the Opus' chief engineer, a resistor was added, that fault was gone in the v2.1, and the v2.2 some more features were added like a quieter fan, press "display"button for 5s can turn on back light permanently, press another 5s to resume normal 30s time out off function, refresh mode show "discharge" capacity instead of "charge" capacity, and yes, the 3400 is just a re-badged version of the tried-and-proven, trouble-free 3100, requested by Rdana for USA market.

Last edited:

Capolini

Banned
As mentioned the FENIX ARE-C2 which I like very much.

Also the EFEST LUC V4 which I am NOT fond of because it takes about an hour longer than my Fenix,,,,,,,,but much more so than that it never gives a FULL charge! It will have a termination charge b/w 4.13 and 4.16 regardless of the battery!:thumbsdow Others may not mind this but I do,,,,,,I rarely use this charger!

bearcats45

Newly Enlightened
Anyone know where I can get a car charger cord for the Opus c3100? I don't think it comes with one.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Anyone know where I can get a car charger cord for the Opus c3100? I don't think it comes with one.

I'm thinking it is a standard 5.5 x 2.1mm power cord you should be able to get them all over the place.
I have the smaller single cell version (BT-C100) and it uses that size cord and I even bought an inline switch for mine as the display backlight doesn't have the "OFF" function on it. I tried a normal 12vdc power cord on it and it fits and I'm sure the pinout is the same (+ middle pin).

Last edited:

Collins

Newly Enlightened
Just got this email from Henrik from lygte-info.dk.

'Hey.

The best charger is SkyRC MC3000, but it is also the most expensive one and a bit complicated to use.

Many people like the Opus BT-C3100, it is not a perfect charge, but it does the job, all the extra function makes it a bit complicated to use, but it is much easier than the MC3000.

Next candidate is LiitoKala Lii-500, it is easy to use and can also do 4x1A

And as last possibility the Skilhunt M4D.

My preferred priority list is: MC3000, Lii-500, M4D, C3100 for charging, but I do like getting some analyzing function and then the C3100 moves before the M4D.

I am forgetting another charger for many batteries: The Enova Gyr Falcon All-88, it is only a charger. It can handle just about any round cell and charge with up to 1A on 8 channels. For just charging this would probably be my favorite, it requires that you read the manual (or my review) to find the shortcuts or it requires too many key presses. I believe it is one of the better designed charger, but sadly the designed vent on vacation after doing the body and before doing the display ;) (The display looks way to complicated)

Best regards'

Is the fan in the SkyRC MC3000 quiet? i.e. if it is sitting across the bedroom, do you not notice it? I was looking at the Opus, but decided not to because I read the fan was loud. And I figure would be annoying since it would be kept in a bedroom probably charging through the night.

I'll be using 18650 batteries and have been looking at a top of the line charger with fancy features. Like fully discharging the battery and charging it back up so you know how much charge is actually in the battery. Also would like a restore feature so you can try and restore failing or fully drained batteries. etc.

4 bay minimum.

Collins

Newly Enlightened
+ 1 to the Opus. Nothing, not even the hyped-up, bug-full, much more expensive, MC3000, (which I also have) can beat it, hands-down a lot better, IMO.

What top of the line 18650 charger would you recommend that DOESN'T have a fan?

I'd be putting the charger at the other end of the beadroom and don't want any noise as it would be charging through the night. Though I'd want extra features like being able to discharge and charge a battery to find out what is actually in there, and being able to recondition failing or discharged batteries.

Thanks

Collins

Newly Enlightened
Collins, you want the LiitoKala Lii 500. I have 3 of them. It does everything on your wish list.

Is that a cheap China charger? I looked around and it looks like it's on the cheap side compared to others like Xtar or Nitecore.

akhyar

Enlightened
Is that a cheap China charger? I looked around and it looks like it's on the cheap side compared to others like Xtar or Nitecore.

It's a good quality analysing charger, rivalling the Opus BT C3100.
Afaik, Xtar and NC don't have any analysing chargers in the market yet.

mklp29

Newly Enlightened
Hi Fam.

Just wondering what other 18650 chargers are out there that charge 4 batteries at 1A at the same time? (ie 4000mah total output or more)

I currently only know of the Soshine SC-1 Max v3 which is great.

Thanks!

i have the fenix ARE-c2 so far it wooks pretty good has display and shows current v

Fuhgetaboudit

Enlightened
Anyone have any input using the Efest 6 Blu6 LUC Charger? It can charge 4 batteries at 1 amp and has this new App for your Android or Apple IOS Phone.
http://

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received and tested this baby after finding it in one of HKJ's reviews! GyrFalcon 8-bay which can charge all 8 bays at 1 amp simultaneously! Worked like a charm!
a344fdcb822a1c00ae0c3d8331f659a8.jpg

Last edited:

apagogeas

Enlightened
One more vote for LiitoKala Engineer 500. 4-5 months of daily usage (charging 18650 vaping batteries), no issues at all. It can also charge NiMH (C&D size with the adapters used for MC9000) with true CC plus the capacity report ability! For the price, it is unbeatable.

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
I just received and tested this baby after finding it in one of HKJ's reviews! GyrFalcon 8-bay which can charge all 8 bays at 1 amp simultaneously! Worked like a charm!
a344fdcb822a1c00ae0c3d8331f659a8.jpg

LOL! Man, look at that thing! Straight out of the 1980s. As long as it works, though.