1st HDS Rotary (noob!)

s85sss

Newly Enlightened
just received my rotary but still trying to figure out what led and which software version i have.
here are a couple of pics of the light.

782-EDBC3-65-A0-4-A10-9-B0-D-C4148-F4-FC535.jpg

778289-F7-6-DB1-4-BA1-9-C48-EBFC257-F9831.jpg

75-DA9-F04-FF54-4340-8813-6-EFA61441335.jpg

i've followed the user's guide's instruction but i can't "translate" the flashes!

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Yellow did mean 100 lumen. Might have changed though. That reflector you got is worth its weight in gold😁

s85sss

Newly Enlightened
the guy i bought it from said it was a 325 🤬
now i understand why i can't get it into custom mode

Last edited:

s85sss

Newly Enlightened
before posting i did some research and it seems the yellow ring is used both for the 100 and 325 versions.
if it can help, i get strobe from on with a triple click and beacon mode (i guess) with a double tap.
following some instructions i've found online i got the momentary mode (full power) but i can't remember how and i can't find the link anymore.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
That HDS should have the 325 lumens cool white (~6200K) XP-L LED. It is one of the two LEDs that are 'always' available at HDS-Systems (the 250lm XP-G2 is the other option). The other LED options you find there are limited:

I would say this HDS that you have is a few years old. Since 3 or 4 years the PCB of the LED is white:

Btw. nice HDS for the first one. But you may try other LED options aswell.

Last edited:

s85sss

Newly Enlightened
it was sold to me as a 325lmn wide beam version with sapphire glass.
this light doesn't have any hotspot, inside the house it really seems a "wall of light".
and the color seems cool as you said.
being it my 1st hds i wanted you guys to confirm i received what they said i was buying.
as suggested, i will post a video of the flashing mode, hope you can help me understand which software ver it has too.
really would like to play with all the options this flashlight has (pseudo momentary of course!)

thermal guy

Flashaholic
The beam is like that because of that reflector. It's designed to make a beam like that. It was a special run.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Denkiman has P60 reflectors like that.
I like that style of reflector for a general use light

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
thermal guy is correct, the diffuse reflectors are kind of rare today. The beam pattern is a homogeneous white circle on the wall. That is the reason why the reflector is white :)

Also the "325lmn wide beam version" is correct. The XP-L has a wider beam. The 250lm XP-G2 has more throw in compare to the XP-L version, the XP-L version illuminated the area directly near to you better. It is a nice option that you have.

Therefore congratulations to your first HDS, welcome to the HDS club :)

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
How many clicks to candle mode? This is generally the easiest way to figure out which version of software it has.

s85sss

Newly Enlightened
The beam is like that because of that reflector. It's designed to make a beam like that. It was a special run.

so swapping the reflector can i get a different beam? a throwier one for example?

thermal guy is correct, the diffuse reflectors are kind of rare today. The beam pattern is a homogeneous white circle on the wall. That is the reason why the reflector is white :)

Also the "325lmn wide beam version" is correct. The XP-L has a wider beam. The 250lm XP-G2 has more throw in compare to the XP-L version, the XP-L version illuminated the area directly near to you better. It is a nice option that you have.

Therefore congratulations to your first HDS, welcome to the HDS club :)

thanks 😁

How many clicks to candle mode? This is generally the easiest way to figure out which version of software it has.

candle mode...sorry, what is it? 😅

i made a video from reset mode

s85sss

Newly Enlightened
pseudo momentary mode enabled!
many thanks to desert.snake that has sent me some videos and showed me how to do it.

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
so swapping the reflector can i get a different beam? a throwier one for example?

The difference can be very good, especially if you get a big reflector from this thread

Here is a good video showing a flood beam very similar to what your reflector now gives and sf eb1, the beam of which is very similar to what you get with an HDS and a large reflector from @Ozythemandias

Both options are great for their applications

s85sss

Newly Enlightened
@s85sss
On how to enable candle modt it is explained here:

And here:

And regarding the question on changing the beam. Yes you can change the reflector, and you can also get an HDSRB. It fits on every acme thread HDS.

mine needs 9 clicks instead of 5.
wondering if it has the pulse mode too, slow strobe, etc...

I would be happy to buy that reflector off of you, btw.

thanks but someone else asked for it first 🙂
but i must say i like it a lot, and for throwing i still have my trustworthy Malkoff M30

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I need an air brush so I can spray paint the inside of my reflectors
Maybe I can air brush t-shirts on the side

wweiss

Enlightened
I've done this. I wasn't too happy with the noticeable loss of light with this system. I find it better if I frost the lens slightly. I posted the beams here a while ago.