Interest Thread: HDS Stainless Steel CLICKY

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a slim possibility of a stainless Executive run. If that happens, and don't hold your breath, then it is probable I can get some extra tail caps made… it is highly unlikely that they will be blackened. An 18650 in stainless… more likely I will become a kind and reasonable person… or get married again… either way, those odds aren't good. There is hope for a standard Exec run in stainless though… damn you Pandora!

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
At this point in the game, I haven't a clue. I have to run it by Henry first, endure the beating, run it by him again, and then get a quote from the machinist. Obviously, the smaller the number, the higher the price. My best guess is we would have to do a minimum run of 50 to even get the price to eye watering "reasonable"… whatever reasonable means.
Either way, I have to get Henry on board first. Baby steps… baby steps…

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
AMRaider - 3
arewethereyetdad - 1
flashlight nut - 1
gravelrash - 1
Kalsu - 1
king-toad - 1
Rstype - 1
thaugen - 1
Warrior of Light - 2
-----------------------------

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I put a feeler thread on FakeBook as well… And there was quite a bit of interest there.
It is now a matter of getting the quote from the machinist, and I already sent for that today. He said he'd get it to me quickly… I'm not holding my breath!
I'll bring my computer to work next week so I can check emails from my HDS email account and see if it comes in… I will be working from Monday at 8 AM until Sunday 8 AM… Just 144 hour shift at work… Easy Peezy for an old crotchety guy.

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
While there's a huge chance that I won't be able to afford one, I'll throw my hat into the ring.
These will be amazing.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
AMRaider - 3
arewethereyetdad - 1
F89 - 1
flashlight nut - 1
gravelrash - 1
Kalsu - 1
king-toad - 1
Rstype - 1
thaugen - 1
troutpool - 1
Warrior of Light - 2

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
AMRaider - 3
arewethereyetdad - 1
F89 - 1
flashlight nut - 1
gravelrash - 1
Kalsu - 1
king-toad - 1
p73rs - 1
Rstype - 1
scalpel_ninja - 1
thaugen - 1
troutpool - 1
Warrior of Light - 2

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still waiting for the machinist to give me a quote... no surprise there.
I'll try to squeak in a call to him this coming week.
In the last 6 months, I've worked 2,200 hours on the ambo.... plus my HDS duties, and then there is the leatherwork... which reminds me, I need to change my tag line, as I really am playing with dead things now.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
AMRaider - 3
arewethereyetdad - 1
F89 - 1
flashlight nut - 1
gravelrash - 1
Kalsu - 1
king-toad - 1
p73rs - 1
Rstype - 1
scalpel_ninja - 1
TheJLew85 - 1
thaugen - 1
troutpool - 1
Warrior of Light - 2

AMRaider

Enlightened
Silly question perhaps, but I thought it would be better to check than wonder since it is important to me (and I did tentatively put myself down for 3 lights). Never purchased a limited custom metal flashlight from HDS before, so I'm not sure what sort of options (if any) are available. If this run for stainless clickies does eventually happen (and I thank those for helping moving this forward), would we have the option to select an LED of choice from the whatever the current custom LED options are? Also, would we be able to choose the programming (ie Exec, LE, etc.)? The programming is less important to me since I know the lights can be easily reprogrammed. Anyway, I apologize if this complicates things in any way (Not my intent at all). Just wanted to check. Thanks.