Interest Thread: HDS Stainless Steel CLICKY

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Steel ones should be cheaper, since there is no need to make additional bezels, they already exist, and an all-steel rotary should be even cheaper since it already has steel tails, maybe
This incredibly obvious point slipped right past me but is such an excellent start already; all that needs to be additionally made is the head and tube (which is plenty) but with all of the other runs bezel and tailcap also had to be done, and here they are; already done. And waiting.

DRW

Enlightened
I'm curious too and have a strongly 'nothing ventured, nothing gained' view of things in general.
Pretty quick to spend someone elses money.

Feel free to buy a bunch of equipment, tooling, materials, hire machinists, and make those 9 units people expressed an interest in. I bet their interest evaporates when you figure out a price.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
someone elses money.
fyi, when it comes to HDS, price is no objection.. The special metals runs were like Kickstarter projects, iirc the buyers prepaid $600 to $1000, depending on the metal.

here are the production numbers:
Bronze 25
Brass 50
Stainless 50
BeCu 75
Titanium 80

There was also a number of very Nice and Fancy Holsters offered.

Last edited:

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Feel free to buy a bunch of equipment, tooling, materials, hire machinists, and make those 9 units people expressed an interest in. I bet their interest evaporates when you figure out a price.
You did zero research on the conversation at hand, apparently. LoL

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
The special metals runs were like Kickstarter projects, iirc the buyers prepaid $600 to $1000...
here are the production numbers:
Bronze 25
Brass 50
Stainless 50
BeCu 75
Titanium 80
Thanks for posting that Jon. You're one of the better record keepers around here, so don't ever leave! Of those runs I've only ever held the titanium, brass and bronze, and the latter is the only one I have, but it's in my pocket every day since I got it.

DRW

Enlightened
You did zero research on the conversation at hand, apparently. LoL
Nope, not zero. You said you spoke with the man over a period of years, he didn't make what you want. You think clicky would be profitable to make. Give it a go.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is the only thing you should focus on...

This side thought process of self-defeat becomes very easily attained, but since reality brings enough difficulties with it, you don't need to focus any energy at all to the negatives. You had a total of 9 lights spoken for initially; just keep going.

It seemed much more difficult when I first broached the subject with Henry, but a year later I brought it up again. The threads showed very minor interest in paying up for the titanium Rotary, but once it started looking like a reality and a few key players got Hogo on board with it, it just picked up steam on its own after that and went all out of control (in a good way), and even my impossible wish of a bronze light became reality.

So, don't give up.
I mean…. Why don't you tighten your boot straps and do it yourself? Warrior is obviously not interested anymore. I would figure they are too busy working on the new lights to take on a special metal project but who knows. Shoot them an email if you are that interested instead of belittling the guy that doesn't want involvement anymore.

Reactions: DRW

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Warrior is obviously not interested anymore.
I am interested but I am also realistic.

There is a number of 20-30 pieces needed. I wrote this yesterday if I remember correctly. The current 10 pieces are far away from my guessed interest.

There is than from the HDS side the calculation of the number how much of the "interested" people are really willing to buy such a light. If 10 people are showing interest at the end 6 or 7 or only 4 or 5 are willing to buy and pay real money....

If there really would be some kind of interest also others would take up this idea and discuss about this idea. This was not happened. Therefore I did not spend my time annoying people with this idea. Even my time is valuable and limited at the end...

Anyway... the Stainless Steel Clicky would have been a great opportunity for HDS to celebrate the 40 years in business with something cool! Basically everything was starting with a Clicky. (and a SS light is more affordable than Ti, BeCu, Zi, ....)

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
@kaichu dento
Times were changing. In the past there were a lot discussions in the HDS section. Today there is very often silence for at least weeks... :au:

@All
Everyone feel free thinking about a Stainless Steel Clicky and post the interest :)

Sometimes miracles may happen and we get a Stainless Steel Clicky :party:

Rstype

Flashlight Enthusiast
A stainless clicky would be awesome. Also began my HDS journey with an HDS from illumination supply.
It was nichia 219 b 170 lumen.

I'll stay tuned hopefully it will bear fruit.

I would hope the silence in the discussion threads is just everyone working their lights hard 😂

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
AMRaider - 3
arewethereyetdad - 1
flashlight nut - 1
gravelrash - 1
Kalsu - 1
king-toad - 1
Rstype - 1
Warrior of Light - 2
-----------------------------

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't want a full SS light, but I'd be down for a couple SS clicky tailcaps if they are available separately.

JohnSmith

Enlightened
I don't want a full SS light, but I'd be down for a couple SS clicky tailcaps if they are available separately.
I'm in for 3-4 stainless steel Clicky tailcaps if we can get them in black.

And if we can do an 18650 Clicky in stainless steel, I'm in for one of those.