1x18650 EDC power bank with a light?

das_blinkenlighten

Newly Enlightened
Hello good CPF peeps, I need something for a teenager who spends a lot of their time on a farm and the rest out running around, needs both some extra charge for their phone, and a flashlight from around the farm. Needs to have both USB in and out to charge the cell in place.

Must have:

* USB chargeable and USB power bank function
* flashlight function that is at least as good as a good cellphone flashlight
* single, user-swappable 18650
* available on Amazon

Nice to have:

* buttons unlikely to turn on by accident and cause the device to discharge when thrown into a glovebox, day bag, random box of tools
* non-chunky, slimline type design - no Industrial Styling or boy racer / gamer type BS

PaladinNO

Enlightened
Here are two (I trust the 'bay is okay too), but judging by the design/pricepoint, both of them seems like accidents just waiting to happen.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XGXBK3K/?tag=cpf0b6-20
https://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-Light-...ry-Charger-Power-Bank-for-phone-/162267363535

I have not seen major brand products with all of these features. But generally speaking, make sure to use quality batteries, especially in rubbish products, and handle it with a little care, and all will be fine.
...That's not to say the product will not disintegrate within months, no matter what - or so have been my experience.

If it was me, I'd get a dedicated, huge powerbank (4x 18650 at least) to be placed at a single location (i.e. not practically portable), and then a whatever suitable sized light to carry with me.
Then you get both better build quality (and thus safety) as brand powerbanks are available, and vastly improved functionality from both the powerbank and light.

Of course, it would then be 3-4 times more expensive, so the needs would have to be considered.

Last edited:

das_blinkenlighten

Newly Enlightened
I could also do a Thrunite C2, a Convoy S2+, and a couple spare batteries, all protected cells. I don't know why I didn't think of that, given that it's been a solution for me in the past.

But let's say I wanted a 4-cell power bank with good electronics (won't abuse the cells, mix and match capable) that's durable, sleek, and portable? My giftee has a sister with power needs now that I think about it.

KuroNekko

Newly Enlightened
The FiTorch P30R (wide head) and P20R (slim body) are tactical flashlights with a discharge function allowing for power bank usage with a small adapter included with the flashlight. Of course, they allow for 18650 batteries to be removed and replaced.
I bought my P20R specifically for this power bank function and it's been great overall. My only complaint is the huge jump in output between Low and Medium. L,M,H functions more like L, H, Turbo on this flashlight.

Agpp

Enlightened
Folomov EDC C4 is more compact than Fitorches, but quality is lower.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Folomov EDC C4 is more compact than Fitorches, but quality is lower.

I have a Folomov EDC C4. It's pretty nice. Very small and slim. About 1000 lumens on turbo, and the powerbank works. It's available on Amazon too so meets every one of the OP's requirements:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0782CQGBV/?tag=cpf0b6-20

The interface isn't great (long press for on, long press for off, short press to cycle modes) and the button protrudes. Fortunately it has electronic lockout (3 short clicks) to prevent accidental pocket activation or you can give the tailcap or head a quarter turn for a mechanical lockout with no parasitic drain.