2 x CR123A safe flashlight

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about a Customlites high-only P60 (several emitters available) in a Solarforce L2? Easily under your budget but I don't think they have any thermal control like you wanted.

recDNA

Flashaholic
How about a Customlites high-only P60 (several emitters available) in a Solarforce L2? Easily under your budget but I don't think they have any thermal control like you wanted.
No nothing I want really. No step down No voltage warning Mode change by turning flashlight on and off. and on. Thanks for the suggestion though. I'm done with P60

recDNA

Flashaholic
A Streamlight ProTac HL-X.

You can show him how to ten tap it to get high only or low/high instead of factory hi/strobe/lo. Well within your budget, available from places like Optics Planet or Bright Guy so customer service is taken care of.

I realize this suggestion doesn't check every box, but it's an easy to use, very bright, very safe, very dependable little flashlight used by many professionals who need their light to operate easily, properly and every time.
Any idea what led the HLX uses?

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know you said you're done with P60 but why not just go with one of the new Surefire G2X Pros? They are the newer 600 lumen output versions, will operate on 2 lithium primaries and they are under $100. Or maybe the LE/Tactical version with only one mode.

Last edited:

Bazsy

Newly Enlightened
The Eagtac d25lc2 can be interesting. There are different types of leds available and it has a turbo only mode with tight head. When your friend finally comes to his senses it can also be be used with one 18650. Price is around 50$.

Last edited:

recDNA

Flashaholic
I know you said you're done with P60 but why not just go with one of the new Surefire G2X Pros? They are the newer 600 lumen output versions, will operate on 2 lithium primaries and they are under $100. Or maybe the LE/Tactical version with only one mode.
Not a bad choice at all.

recDNA

Flashaholic
The Eagtac d25lc2 can be interesting. There are different types of leds available and it has a turbo only mode with tight head. When your friend finally comes to his senses it can also be be used with one 18650. Price is around 50$.
Nice price but doesn't the turbo tight head mode alternate with strobe if you accidentally soft click when in turbo? It would be much more attractive without the disco.

Bazsy

Newly Enlightened
Nice price but doesn't the turbo tight head mode alternate with strobe if you accidentally soft click when in turbo? It would be much more attractive without the disco.

Sorry I missed the strobe in group 2.
It would be much better to be able to to reprogram these but for the price this is still a good deal.

Latest posts